Fan Clubs | beta

Saint's Row: The Third announced.

Guest Anime Otaku

Guest Anime Otaku

I've just been reading about this in this month's GamesMaster and it looks really good.

The plot is that it's now a few years from the end of the second game and the Saints essentially own the city of Stilwater and have become celebrities akin to Dillinger or Capone. Then a group known as The Syndicate (probably nothing to do with the classic Bullfrog RTS games) approaches the Saints and demands 2/3 of their monthly takings in exchange for not getting killed. The Saints are forced to flee Stilwater for Steelport. Surprisingly Steelport has a bit of a gang problem with three major factions in the city; the European Morning Star, a masked gang called the Luchadores and a high tech (but apparently low muscle) gang called The Deckers.

The new game is going to run on a new engine and has a more cartoonish look and it seems they're trying to out OTT the last game too and adding community features which seems to be for sharing costumes and maybe designs for "Boss".

It's release is set for a slightly vague "autumn 2011".

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MojoPogo
I'll be getting this one for sure, because I loved the second one. It had the sense of humour and freedom that GTA has gradually lost.

Terrible game. It makes Driver 3 worth playing.

Really? It hasn't even come out yet!

Aaaaaaaaaanyway, can't tell you how happy I am this has been announced. I love Saint's Row 2 because it's everything GTA isn't right now. Fun. Plus me and Dr. Zero had huge fun times roaming around Stilwater causing havoc. Great times.

ALSO... BIG. PURPLE BUNNY. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEA. Yeah. That's right. Awesome.

• 1 month later...
Guest Anime Otaku

E3 gameplay demo. Not watched all of it but I'm gonna guess and and say it's NSFW.

[video=youtube;btQwBVBblvc]

Edited by Anime Otaku

Guest Dave7g

Try Just Cause 2 before you try that. SR2 isn't bad, but once you get over the 'haha he's got a dildo, look haha he's spraying shite everywhere, haha'. You'll find it's nowhere nearly as polished as GTA, there's absolutley none of the amazing parody humour of GTA, and the story/acting is piss poor. The missions are pretty bad too, shooting etc. is not good. Just Cause has bad acting and a bad storyline but it looks amazing, and there's far more fun to be had.

Just look:

[YOUTUBE]ZHlJ7DCdkzw[/YOUTUBE]

Guest Anime Otaku
Having both games I actually prefer SR2, I can see how people would have problems with it being free aim though and I think the visuals are pretty good, not cutting edge but not bad.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Notorious JTB

I love SR2 and am looking forward to the third installment.

I may give that just cause game a look too though looks like fun.

Guest Anime Otaku
Amazon already has it to preorder for £37.91, I have it ordered for XB360. Though I might change it if they put a SE version out depending on what you get.

Guest Anime Otaku
I got an update from Amazon the other day, the UK (and probably Europe) release date is set for the 18th of November.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Anime Otaku

Another Trailer, looks like this is mission one. [NSFW]

[video=youtube;q30KlXBf554]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q30KlXBf554&feature=related

They showed off the second mission at comic con. [NSFW]

[video=youtube;u5NqRZxVVc4]

Looks awesome, especially the bits between Boss and Shaundi, they couldn't get Eliza Dushku back so she's got a new VA for this instalment as well as a new look as she's a Reality TV star now.

In other VA news Angel the former member of The Luchadores that teams up with the Saints is to be voiced by HULK HOGAN [maybe NSFW]

[video=youtube;YugITnU-Pds]

This game is going to be INSANE.

Edited by Anime Otaku