Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

RAW Discussion Thread - May 23, 2011 from Portland, OR (#939)

TPIB

Hardly doubt they're burying her already. Come on, wait how this pans out.

Drew got some nice pyro going for him, signs? Oh he lost...

Edited by Shaun2J

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jamster26

Seems it is for real; just watched it. I don't know what to say about that at this point. Words escape me, someone find them.

Rediculous.

Guest The GS
Hardly doubt they're burying her already. Come on, wait how this pans out.

I do find myself telling people to see how angles turn out before thrashing them completely. But the Kharma thing was embarassing to watch, just way too odd.

Truth, Punk and even Riley oddly enough even were great on the show though.

Edited by The GS

Guest Gomi

Im slightly worried. They spent weeks building her up perfectly, then she doesnt appear on Smackdown, Over the Limit and then on Raw she comes to the ring and cries?

Has she pissed someone off backstage? What good is building a monster heel going to do that. I know its WWE, and maybe they have a change of heart and next week she comes out and obliterates 4 woman pretending this never happened, but still how can this company do things so well and then flip 180 degrees in a week and miss it up.

It boggles the mind and if Vince was in any other industry he would be bankrupt already with this lack of long term patience. And history supports this with the other ventures.

So... an insane character bursts into tears for no reason at all, making herself look really mental, and people are talking like its the end of the character? :lol

Seriously, its odd but hardly a character breaker.

Guest The GS
So... an insane character bursts into tears for no reason at all, making herself look really mental, and people are talking like its the end of the character? :lol

Seriously, its odd but hardly a character breaker.

She's a monster, can you imagine Brock doing it a few weeks after his debut??

If Brock was being portrayed as mentally unstable then who knows. Seriously, Im all for mocking idiotic storylines before we know whats happening, but in this one the crying isnt totally out of Kharmas character.

Guest The GS
If she had cried and then got up and stared the Divas, have all the Divas flee except for Phoenix/Gail and have a staredown then that'd have been great. But the way they done it just looked embarassing for Kong.

Guest FreeSpirit

I'd rather Kharma do something totally unexpected like breakdown in the ring so it makes me question why, rather than the usual

Kharma Music hits

Kharma walks to the ring

The Divas are scared

Said Diva gets beatdown

Kharma laughs

Kharma walks to the back

That sh*t got old quick. Everyone knows she can destroy the divas division, Rather see something different from her.

Guest Jamster26

Only WWE could do something as stupid as this. The best storyline the Divas have had for AGES, people were actually interested in the women division, and then...they do this?

Seriously, are these bookers mentally unstable or something!?

Guest Beefhead
It wasn't that bad, it makes more interested in where it's going honestly. If I was a diva I'd be even more afraid now cause this bitch is unhinged.

Guest Horowitz

Cenas 'fishermans suplex' on Punk was truly awful.

I thought Punk was great in the match, very entertaining all round.

Guest Beefhead
I actually thought the botched fishermans suplex was sick. Like if he had intende it that way it would have been bad ass. Like a release fisherman suplex bomb or something lol

Guest aroz93

At first I really hated what they did with Kharma, but now that I've opened my mind up to the fact that this could possibly be the start of some storyline angle I don't really think it was terrible. Strange, pretty bad depending on where they go from here, but not just flat out terrible.

Also, after last night, I'm really looking forward to seeing more out of Riley. At the very least we should get a good feud between him and the Miz.

Guest Jack
If she could act, the angle would be fine. A psychotic monster needs to have some sort of mental weakness to balance their physical strength. I think they're trying to go for an early-Mankind type character with her but obviously she's terrible at acting and it doesn't work. I think the angle itself though, on paper, is perfectly fine.

I'm so pissed off right about now if this is true buuuut... (And please don't kill me)

Kharma's breakdown was apparently done to take her off of TV for NINE FREAKING MONTHS.

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the Divas angle shot on WWE Raw last night was done as a way to write Kharma off WWE TV for awhile. For those who missed it Kharma, real name Kia Stevens, came out to the ring, was surrounded by the WWE Divas, and broke down crying. According to the report, Kharma will be off WWE television for 9 months. No other details are known at this time.

Source: Wrestling Observer (via WrestleZone)