Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

The Worst Movesets In Wrestling Today

Guest Jamster26

Guest Keegan

While I wouldn't consider Edge's moveset to be the worst I always had a problem with his Spear.

It didn't look forceful enough for me to believe it could put someone down. Whereas Goldberg and Rhino's Gore looked like a truck mowing you down, particularly out of nowhere.

Felt for a long time it would've had more impact if he'd used a few moves to soften the ribs/stomach up first but I'm nit-picking. Edge, for me, was a good WWE main-eventer and ticked so many boxes. That's just a gripe of mine.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman

See, I read things about Edge's spear practically every single day, even after he's gone, and you certainly cant place me high in the Edge Fan Club...but I feel like I'm the only person on the internet who doesnt have a problem with Edge's spear.

I mean, I dont love it, but I dont hate it either, its just there, and so, so many people hate it.

Guest Jamster26
Can't say it ever bothered me much. I think we have to remember here, that Rhino and Goldberg have abit more meat on them, and naturally, have more force behind them, than Edge does. He isn’t going to be turning somebody inside and out.

Guest Jimmy Redman
I know. I understand all the arguments and I can get how other people hate it, but for me, it was never something that even crossed my mind until I read other people complain about it, and even now, I mean, I have a long, long list of complaints about Edge, but even at my peak levels of hate towards him I couldnt bring myself to find anything wrong with the spear. Its just a move, to me.

Guest Frank Botch
Really? Can you be specific as to what categories Edge falls under the banner of being the worst for?

He was a main-event level performer in WWE for several years,and was one half of the tag-team that along with the Hardyz and Dudleys,gave tag-team wrestling it's biggest boost and spotlight seen in years (or since then too).

Well moveset wise his strikes were laughable, his running hug finish was a joke(when that ended a match it was like ''oh yeah, wrestling is fake''), that submission deal he tried out was pathetic, looked as weak as Cena's STF but had Edges's shitty facials, everything he did in there SUCKED. Some of the least credible offence ever.

Just in general... man, worst expressions in history, some of the worst feuds, I liked one singles match from him, was always the worst dude in those TLC matches, that Foley match doesn't hold up, horrible reigns as champion, garbage promo etc, etc. I mean okay Khali was probably a worse world champion(maybe) but everyone knows he's terrible, some people actually think Edge was good which always suprises me. Not that I care what others think, I just think Edge was a dismal failure at the whole professional wrestling deal. So worst champion, worst facials, worst offence, worst theme music, worst hair and you know just the overall WORST.

But I mean that's just, like, my opinion or whatever.

Edge was too small for the spear to be believable from him, especially when, and I can't believe I'm going to say this, you have Batista in the company doing a much better version.

On the Stunner thing from a page back, dropping to the knees is logical when he stuns you, since not dropping to your knees is effectively risking a broken neck. It's in the receivers best interest to do it, even if some idiot does it for real.

Guest Keegan

You're right. I can't argue that point. The only difference is the moves mentioned weren't used main-eventers.

I know I'll hear the People's Elbow get mentioned but it didn't put people away alone did it? He usually hit the Rock Bottom first. A friend of mine, not a wrestling fan, used to get annoyed when he played a version of Raw and Smackdown where it was the most effective finisher on the game.

The problem with Edge's Spear is it looked good right up until he was out for a year with the neck injury. When he came back he couldn't hit it full force, so obviously should've switched up to a different move. I understand he had to protect himself more on his return, but if that's the case I don't understand why he continued to use the Spear?