Fan Clubs (beta)

Game of Thrones

Guest ScottyB

Guest ScottyB
Finally got around to watching Game of Thrones episode 1 and it was simply amazing. Really looking forward to finding time to fit in the rest of the series.

Guest John Hancock

I've never watched, but I've heard good things. Something that puts me off a bit is that it looks a little bit, "WE SHOULD GO FORTH AND SMITE THE ENEMY!" which is the sort of silliness that turned me off the later two Lord of the Rings films. Is there much of that silliness, or have they done the unthinkable and managed to write a medieval-fiction themed T.V. show that isn't completely ridiculous?

Also, Sean Bean.

Theres the tiniest bit of that, but really only the tiniest bit. Its far more Sopranos than Lord of the Rings. Plus Emilia Clarke may be the greatest actress in the world, those eyes man...

Guest Dave7g
I watched the first one and never bothered with the rest, I was more impressed with Camelot which turned out to be far greater than I expected.

I watched the first one and never bothered with the rest, I was more impressed with Camelot which turned out to be far greater than I expected.

Yeah, I'll second that. I've been super impressed with Camelot. I'm glad the missus made me sit there and watch the first episode now.

Guest Alexanderdgreat
The show is great, but if your looking for a whole lot of action this isnt for you. It thrives on character development and plays out like a well written book...

Guest Anime Otaku
It's based on a series of books called The Song of Ice and Fire. I watched the first episode, but the gratuitous sex put me off it, same thing that did for Spartacus.

Now I've got a Kindle, I'll eventually get around to reading A Song of Ice and Fire.... man, ebooks are easier than music....though, to be fair, I'm only doing that for books I own in paper or would have only got out the library. I still buy the books I really want.... Patrick Rothfuss, Peter F Hamilton (who lives like 30 miles from me) etc.

On topic, I've heard good things about GoT... also Camelot is actually much better than I expected.

Edited by etz

Camelot has also been cancelled now. Shame.

Always the bloody way. Whenever I get into a Yank show, they cancel that sucker on me. I'm gonna stop watching stuff until it's got at least a second series.