Fan Clubs | beta

Skyrim

Guest Aaron

Is anyone else playing Skyrim?

I got it a few weeks ago and after an hour I got a PS3 YLOD! Managed to get my disc back out and have played a few hours of it.... it's been so long since Oblivion that I forgot how large these games are!

Anyway. Stuck in my head all days every day right now seems to be... "I took an arrow to the knee".

Arrow in the Knee vid: http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/12/05/skyrim-took-an-arrow-in-the-knee?objectid=14267318

If Arrow to the knee isn't your thing, there's this: Dan Bull Skyrim rap:

:)

Some of the glitches are terrible. I went down some hole and there was a puzzle to get back out. It turned out I couldn't do the puzzle because some glitch had prevented the puzzle from loading correctly!

Also got a YLOD (not Bethesda's fault but still grrrr!) and have had a couple of crashes (like Oblivion)

The designers there are amazing. Shame that the develoeprs can't keep up!

I did just lose pretty much my whole weekend to Skyrim! I will lose many more because being Dragonborn is awesome.

:)

Guest Jamster26
Some of the glitches are terrible. I went down some hole and there was a puzzle to get back out. It turned out I couldn't do the puzzle because some glitch had prevented the puzzle from loading correctly!

Just had that exact same problem. Note to self: save regularly.

Also got a YLOD (not Bethesda's fault but still grrrr!) and have had a couple of crashes (like Oblivion)

You know, I think it might be their fault. Fallout 3 murdered my PS3, and then WET tried it on with the replacement... a definite trend developing.

I've had little issue with Skyrim, but I have the PC version, so Steam keeps updating it while I snooze, having said that I am on a quest to find where the hell my packmul... er housecarl has gotten to... Here lydia lydia!

You just have to make sure that no one sees you Jamster, so stay in sneak mode and don't nick anything when the eye is open, or in fact get the hell out of the house when the eye starts to open.

Last week (maybe the week before) I spent too much time saying "arrow in the knee". Check out the virals on youtube for that... all the guards have the same stories to tell.

This week though I've been watching videso by a YouTuber calling himself The King of Sweden. His videos are funny. In one he plays Skyrim using nothing but his fists. He seems like a dodgy nutcase though, funny as he is.

I'd include the links here but can't peruse media at work :(

(BTW, the YLOD is caused by solder melting on the motherboard near the heatpads. Games like this do a lot of hot-swapping so may cause it in a way but the hardware should withstand it better. It's not something developers can test for. If you get YLOD, you can get your disc back by holding the eject button down - for as long as it takes - whilst switching the PS3 on. Otherwise you'll need a solder iron and need to re-flow the board or something)

Been having a riot in sneak mode, taking out people with one shot of my bow, there is something satisfying about waiting for a bandit to walk past your firing line and taking them out without anyone else noticing.

Even better is now I am a hell of a lot better with bow, I have eagle eye and eagle eye slowdown, so now I can take out dots on the horizon, such as guards patrolling old castles.

I'm not ure how they've done it, but Skyrim is keeping my interest a lot better than Oblivion did.

Guest Jamster26

This game is ridiculous; never played anything like it.

I've had to quit four different saved games and start a fresh one, and I'm not annoyed in the slightest. Usually I'd be throwing the controllers around the room, but because of how interesting the Skyrim world is, I'm almost happy to try a different character, with a different adventure / route.