Fan Clubs (beta)

Best Superhero movie EVER?

King

I was just wondering what ye guys think, I'm kinda old school, I love Tim Burton's Batman and Christopher Reeve as Superman, I thought the new Spiderman was a load of shite but really liked the X-Men Trilogy and The Avengers.

So what so ye think,? so many to choose from I know so what's the good and bad?

Guest The Beltster
The Avengers from last year. Amazing. Cant wait for Iron Man 3 and especially Man of Steel this year though.

Guest The Beltster
Those three recent Batman movies sent me to visit the sand man....holy shit they were boring! You ever watch a film and find it impossible to understand why so many people like it? Thats Batman for me. Drab.

I don't know if you would class them as superhero movies, but I really like Blade, Blade II, The Punisher (Thomas Jane version) and Punisher: War Zone, with them coming a close joint-second to The Rocketeer.

If it's super-powered beings that we're basing it on, then X2, X-Men: First Class, Hancock and The Crow (is he a superhero?) would all be in with a shout.

Yeah X-Men: First Class was, well, first class really. Probably the best overall superhero movie I've seen.

I really liked Batman Begins over the other two. All three were brilliant but for me the first instalment didn't try to do too much, which a superhero movie shouldn't.

From Tim Burton's Batman I prefer "Returns" to the original. Just seemed to have a better story and cast.

Cheers!

Guest The Beltster
didn't try to do too much, which a superhero movie shouldn't
i wouldn't say that. The Avengers was action packed and I was far better than any of those terrible, boring, plodding Batman movies.

Guest John Hancock
It's funny you say that, considering that I loved the Nolan Batman's, because I thought The Avengers was one of the worst films, if not THE worst film of last year. Takes all sorts.

Guest The Beltster

Oh I'm not saying anybody is wrong for liking this or that, it definitely takes all sorts. For me, the Avengers was what a super hero movie should be. Huge, epic scale set pieces, grand special effects, cheesy one liners, explosions and all that goofy shit. It should be like a living comic book.

Batman was more grounded in reality...for as realistic as a man in a rubber bat suit fighting crime can be anyway. It was more dark, slow and plodding. Plus I've never been able to look past the voice. Its like damn bro, you put on a worse fake Batman voice than I do! It was like he was doing a voice almost to take the piss.