Fan Clubs | beta

What is the best 80's Movie?

King

Just saw an add on Sky doing all the 80's movies and I just wondered what do ye think is the best movie from the 1980's?
All of the 80's movies or just the usual, mainstream and successful 80's movies?

If pushed, I'd lean towards Ghostbusters being the best movie from the 80's, but then I remember Indiana Jones, Batman, The Terminator, Predator, Commando, Bill & Ted, Star Trek II, Rocky IV, Big, Star Wars Ep. V & VI, E.T., Blade Runner, Aliens, The Lost Boys, Ferris Bueller, the John Hughes movies, Back to the Future, The Princess Bride, The Karate Kid, Beverley Hills Cop, The Goonies, Top Gun, DIE HARD, Gremlins, Beetlejuice, Big Trouble in Little China, Labyrinth, Poltergeist, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and a hundred other kids films, action films, horror films, thrillers or comedies and realise that you cannot actually pick just one as a stand-out from the decade.

Let's just say the decade itself was the star of the show.

Guest The Beltster

Impossible for me to pick 5 without leaving out 30 just as deserving :lol

I'll go for:

Ghostbusters

Goonies

Temple of Doom

Predator

Masters of the Universe (Yep!)

But its so hard not to just have a top 5 consisting of only Arnie movies, Arnie was the 80's. Predator, Terminator, Commando, Running Man, Conan...these are all so good!

Guest Edgehead

IMO the 80s was easily the best ever decade for movies so its really hard to narrow down a list of favourites. Some of my favourites include....

The Terminator

Ghostbusters

Back to the Future

The Karate Kid

Weird Science

The Shining

Big

The Fly

The Hitcher

Scrooged (can only watch this in December)

Full Metal Jacket

Because the second and third films plus the horrid remake have tainted peoples minds against the glorious parody of violence that the first one stood for?

That's my guess, I still think its a good film but with the tarnishing of its legacy it does tend to get overlooked until its right in your face.

Guest Kontrolled

Nightmare on Elm Street

Die Hard

Hellraiser

Back to the future

Bloodsport.....

These are the 5 I will set time aside to watch..... How-ever I could watch Porky's and Revenge of the Nerds...at anytime.

The movie I hate the most is....A Christmas Story!!!