Fan Clubs (beta)

Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 3

Guest Yodahew

Guest Yodahew

We are now 2 episodes into season 3 of this in that states dont think it has a release date in the UK yet.

I have watched both episodes and have to say its a brilliant start to the show. It follows on from S2 really well but with a time gap to keep it 'in real time'.

Anyone else seen it or looking forward to it?

Guest Yodahew
Ep 2 i loved and hated at the same time. Felt the story was rushed to a conclussion a bit. Maybe to make way for something else we will have to see ep 3 to see what is set up.

I believe it will go through the attempted re-establishment of Hydra and then lead us into something that ties in with Cap 3: Civil War.

I predict someone Inhuman going a bit mental and leading us into a tipping point that will lead to the Registration Act

I'd actually be a little disappointed if they used the Inhumans to start up the Registration Act. I'm not saying they have to follow the comics and have it be Speedball causing Nitro to kill a bunch of kids, but the Inhumans need to saved a little, especially if they're still to get their own movie to introduce guys like Black Bolt.

The events of Age of Ultron (at least in the MCU) are the driving force behind The Accords (it's not a Registration Act* in the movies). They were mentioned in the stinger at the end of Ant-Man as the reason why Falcon couldn't ask "Tony" for help.

*The reason why it isn't a Registration Act is because, in the MCU, virtually no-one has a secret identity. The Accords are international government mandates whereby a committee decides whether The Avengers (or other heroes) are to be deployed. Tony Stark agrees with The Accords, while Cap believes it will cost lives as men in suits debate the merits of action while the bad guys get on with the job of killing folk and / or destroying things. Hence the two butting heads.

Whilst they may be the driving force I expect the show to tie in with them somehow, like the Kree and the Inhumans being introduced via the show before Guardians of the Galaxy, like the show tying in with Winter Solider with the Hydra takeover of Shield - it has to and will tie in somewhere because everything in the MCU is tied in somehow.

With Shield recruiting and using Inhumans like Daisy/Syke one of them has to have an 'episode' at some point that will lead to the Accords being passed, like the New Warriors when they faced down Nitro in the actual Civil War comic. They where being discussed after World War Hulk in the comics but the disaster at Stamford pushed them through - but in the MCU we haven't had Hulk, we have New York and the events of Age of Ultron instead and soon the tipping point will occur.

Question is, will it happen in Agents or will the opening of Cap 3 establish it instead?

Due to the timelines established, The Accords are already in place on Agents of SHIELD and I'm wondering if they'll subvert the reason for the split.

Instead of a "power" doing something, it could be that GENERIC BAD GUY is planning something and The Avengers are ready to go in. However, being hampered by The Accords, the delay in having the committee OK their involvement causes GBG to destroy something and / or kill folk, then get away.

This could be why Cap ends up against the idea and the splintering begins.

Guest Yodahew
Inhumans movie is reportedly being scrapped so they could run with it in AoS if they wanted but the only character they have with a secret id is spidey and they havent put him on film yet. And black panther i guess. But same problem.

See, I've read in a few places earlier in the week that it was scrapped, but the news over the last few days has said that it's back on again.

Personally I'm still waiting for

Ward being Taskmaster

. I mean, that's got to be him, hasn't it?

Inhumans is still on.

The rumour (and I use that word in the loosest sense) came from one guy claiming he overheard another guy, in a bar, tell a different guy, that it was cancelled.

Genuinely, that is the entire source of the story and it has been shot down from many, many more credible sources.

Guest Yodahew
Inhumans is still on.

The rumour (and I use that word in the loosest sense) came from one guy claiming he overheard another guy, in a bar, tell a different guy, that it was cancelled.

Genuinely, that is the entire source of the story and it has been shot down from many, many more credible sources.

fair enough. I saw it on comicbook.com as a rumor and just didnt know.

See, I've read in a few places earlier in the week that it was scrapped, but the news over the last few days has said that it's back on again.

Personally I'm still waiting for

Ward being Taskmaster

. I mean, that's got to be him, hasn't it?

totally has to be him.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Yodahew
I am loving the series so far. The latest episode centred around Simmonds time on the other planet was brilliantly shot and depicted.