Fan Clubs (beta)

Avengers: Infinity War

Kam

A cool trailer! ...Then I see the list of heroes to appear in this movie and I decide to carefully lower my expectations. Better safe than sorry. Thanos didn't look as bad as I thought he would, though. He's finally going after the stones himself. I'm excited to see the heroes struggling against him.

Which parts are you looking forward to @Kam?

I've enjoyed the Marvel movies but I'm not too sure about this one. I loved Civil War but this trailer just seems jam packed with heroes. Could it be overkill? Marvel have not faltered yet so I should have faith but I can't help feeling they're going to try and include as many characters as possible which could hinder the movie. We'll see...

Guest WDFreak
After seeing the trailer, I am getting amped up for this movie! This is jam-packed with our heroes so it is a safe bet to say that one of them won't make it to the end. I'm betting on Ironman.

I've enjoyed the Marvel movies but I'm not too sure about this one. I loved Civil War but this trailer just seems jam packed with heroes. Could it be overkill? Marvel have not faltered yet so I should have faith but I can't help feeling they're going to try and include as many characters as possible which could hinder the movie. We'll see...

We'll see indeed. At this point, I think the movie can probably give more impact if it's brave enough to add more minutes in the screen time. I mean, if the James Bond series can do so with minimum plot and a small number of casts, the reason is justified here and should be used for maximum fun. There is hope, but I understand your doubt.

After seeing the trailer, I am getting amped up for this movie! This is jam-packed with our heroes so it is a safe bet to say that one of them won't make it to the end. I'm betting on Ironman.

I'd hate to see Ironman goes down. He plays a very vital role in the team, much like Batman does in the Justice League. As one of the humans in such huge superheroes team, I expect to see more from him. It's hard to guess who's going to die, but I really hope we won't see too many casualties.

Guest toomuchtv
Yes, I agree that it might be overkill with the number of heroes in this film, however, I'm still looking forward to it. I became a fan of Guardians of the Galaxy and the Infinity stone they gave to Novacorp. If The Mad Titan, Thanos, has it then Novacorp must not be doing very well right now. I am interested in how it all comes out. P.S. I'll be watching for Benicio DelToro as The Collector. I love the character.

Guest TalksAlot
I just read that Hugh Jackman is planning to return in Infinity Wars as Wolverine! I was under the impression that he didn't want to play it anymore but since Disney buying Fox's Xmen and Fantastic 4 properties, it will again be possible! What do you think?

Guest toomuchtv
I can't wait until this comes out. I really want to know how Thanos got the Infinity Stone from Nova Corp. Bet they are fairing very well at this point. Wolverine will be a great addition.

I just read that Hugh Jackman is planning to return in Infinity Wars as Wolverine! I was under the impression that he didn't want to play it anymore but since Disney buying Fox's Xmen and Fantastic 4 properties, it will again be possible! What do you think?

I can't see them featuring any of the Fox characters in the Infinity War (I'm assuming it's still covering 2 movies even though they're not doing it as Part 1 and Part 2 anymore), they weren't in any movies building up to it so I don't think they should appear. Maybe in the future but not now.

From this video yesterday, it doesn't look like Hugh would be up for it, they might need to recast:

• 4 months later...
Guest Glimm

This sounds wrong, but I'm happy to see our heroes facing a threat much bigger than them. I feel bad for Dr. Strange and Vision from these trailers; I bet there is more in store. I'm still trying to understand why Thanos becomes so strong, though. He may be a great warrior with a strong army behind him, but it's not like our heroes didn't fight anything like that in the previous movies. Anyway, Black Panther revived my hopes for this movie and Marvel. We may get ourselves a new classic.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched this tonight.

LOVED IT! Was perfect for me :inlove:

It's not often a film with this much hype/anticipation lives up to expectations but this did - 10/10 from me.

Guest North

@Kam I agree. If you ask me which part of the movie I want to change, I think I'll come up with nothing at all. They use the 150 minutes to show how tough this battle against Thanos is without losing the fun crazy touch Marvel series usually have. It's not boring at all and it doesn't lose the focus despite the huge cast. Can't 2019 come faster?

What are your favorite parts of the movie?

Guest Glimm
Polygon raised an interesting question in one of their Avengers articles here. I enjoyed the movie and I thought everything that happened made sense. The Infinity Stones didn't seem capable of creation; otherwise, everyone would race to collect the stones just to add more supply.

Guest North
Polygon raised an interesting question in one of their Avengers articles here. I enjoyed the movie and I thought everything that happened made sense. The Infinity Stones didn't seem capable of creation; otherwise, everyone would race to collect the stones just to add more supply.

I agree. We haven't seen the stones revive a dead person or a dead planet. Vision is an exception because he is not a real human. It's also possible that half of the universe's population is actually absorbed into the Soul World, so they are not exactly dead. The stones don't cause death and don't create life on their own.

My friend made another comment about Strange's fight with Thanos. Strange should've used the trick of transporting Thanos to another dimension and made a portal on his hand to cut off the arm and the gauntlet, just like what Wong did to one of the Children of Thanos.