Fan Clubs | beta

Show Revivals

Guest RainbowRoad

Guest RainbowRoad
Recently I heard that they're bringing the show Roseanne back for a revival. I know it's become a trend to do final seasons of other shows long after they were "over" or even trying to bring the series back for several seasons. Like Twin Peaks, X-Files, Gilmore Girls, and even Prison Break. What are your opinions about shows getting revived?

I really hope Roseanne does not come back. I didn't like the show, didn't watch the show and was glad when it ended. The X-Files is another story though. I watched that all the time but haven't hooked up with the new one yet. Some of the old episodes were pretty dark.

Guest The Governor
I like come back shows and I can't wait to see what they are going to do with Rosanne. Rosanne was one of those funny shows that a lot of us could relate to. If done right, come back shows can be just as good as the originals.

• 1 month later...
I really hope Roseanne does not come back. I didn't like the show, didn't watch the show and was glad when it ended. The X-Files is another story though. I watched that all the time but haven't hooked up with the new one yet. Some of the old episodes were pretty dark.

Some of the old X-Files episodes were hilarious, too, like the one with Jesse Ventura and Alex Trebek in it. Jose Chung's from Outer Space, I think it was called. The season they did a couple years ago was pretty good, and I've enjoyed this season so far except for the season premiere. The one about the Mengele Effect from a couple weeks ago was really good.

• 2 months later...
Guest North

I read that Roseanne is already renewed for another season. I thought some mentioned that the rating dropped, but I guess it was more than enough.

More often than not, revived shows couldn't bring the same old charm and didn't have a plot worthy of one new season. I generally look at every sequel or reboot with a careful expectation because I've burned way too many times.

I really enjoyed the Heroes revival a couple years ago. I wish they'd do more of it. I loved that show.

Don't care about any of the other revivals so far. I'm trying to think of shows I'd love to see revived...I'd love to see more Heroes like I said, also would love another TV season of Torchwood, another season of Star Trek Enterprise (They were gonna do the Romulan Wars man come on), and The Following. Pretty much everything else I've watched and loved either had really good endings that shouldn't be messed with, or would need to return in a spin-off form, or be entirely re-done.

Guest North
I really enjoyed the Heroes revival a couple years ago. I wish they'd do more of it. I loved that show.

I don't love the last two seasons as much as you did (because it's hard to top the first season, really), but I guess we have seen worse. At the end of the day, I still remember the franchise fondly. Sometimes it's not possible to restore the lost love at all so I guess overall it's still not a bad production.