Fan Clubs | beta

Are there any games like The Sims?

Guest Weasley

Guest Weasley
I absolutely love playing The Sims. I messed up my computer somehow, it won't let me play it anymore! Apparently, other Mac users have had issues when they have both The Sims 3 and 4 installed at the same time. I've tried uninstalling both and only installing the fourth one, but no luck. (If anyone knows how to fix that, I'm all ears!) Since I can't get my fix of playing God with my sims, I'm itching to find a game that's similar. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Guest Weasley

I've tried Google but I haven't been able to find anything other than uninstalling them both and reinstalling one - which I did. Well, and deleting mods, which I also did. Maybe I just haven't dug deep enough. I hope that's the case. It's been a few months since I've checked. Maybe there's more information out there now. I haven't been able to play since February 2016.

I haven't re-installed The Sims 3, but for The Sims 4 it gets to the screen where I can click "play," then when I click it, it will either crash or freeze. I've just uninstalled it again and am going to try reinstalling it one more time...but like my dad always says, "Stupid is expecting different results when you keep doing the same thing," so I don't have too much hope.

Will Sid Meier's Civilization VI fit the bill? It's a turn-based strategy game where you start as a small tribe and hopefully grow to rule the world. I've honestly never played a Sims game, but from what I've read the two games seem similar. Maybe.

Guest Weasley
I love the Civilization games! It's not quite the same though. The Sims is more of a free play game with individual/family-centric goals, you know, without schemes for world domination (mostly). It's been a while since I've played Civilization, so maybe I'll give it a go anyway! Thanks for the suggestion.