Fan Clubs | beta

Kingdom Hearts III

Guest Evie

Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II are definitely a couple of my top ten favorite video games ever. They've been teasing Kingdom Hearts III for forever now. Recently, we've only heard that it will be released in 2018. But an official release date might have been leaked! If it's true, it looks like we can expect it to be available on 1 November. Since the leak though, they've changed it back to the "official" date of 31 December. I'm really hoping that it's the former. Scheduling it for the last day of the year just seems like they hope it's out by then, but aren't making any promises. What do you all think?

I can't wait. I love KH1 and 2. Beat them both - Even played 2 enough to get the secret ending and beat Sephiroph. I've been waiting forever for this. Thank goodness my fiancé has a PS4, because I haven't had my own console in years :P

Guest Glimm
I bet it's the latter. I prefer that they don't rush the production so we can get one final product containing all the best things. (I don't like buying the DLC to get the fuller version because that's like cheating!) @Zack T I still remember that battle. All the trouble I went through just to beat him, all those hours, the pain in my fingers... What kind of secret battle do you think we will see for KH3?

@Zack T The most recent PS I personally own is a PS2. Thankfully my partner has a PS4 already or I'd buy one just for this game. Just thinking about Sephiroth's sword-slashes makes me sweat. That was such a frustrating battle.

@Glimm I bet it's the latter as well. You're right - as long as we get an epic game I can wait. Besides it's only a two-month wait between the two dates. I'll have more time to play over the holiday anyways. I don't know what kind of secret battle they'll have this time around. I wonder if they'll bring Sephiroth back? I hear he was in KH 2.5 but I never played it.

Which bosses did you find the most frustrating in KH 1 and/or KH 2?

What levels are you all most excited about in KH3? Any guesses as to what other levels they'll include?

Edited by Evie

Guest The Wild Things
I've played both of the KH games and I didn't know about Sephiroph. I considered myself a big fan of the games up until this moment. Now I'm going to have to play them again! I was planning on doing that anyway to refresh my memory.

That's true, @Zack T. He is a really good fight. I found the fight more difficult in KH II, so I'm a little nervous about what they might do with him in KH III. I'm sure it will be epic though!

Guest Sim-antics
I'm jazzed for KH 3! The new levels they've announced look wonderful. I'm so excited for all of them, especially Toy Story. I still haven't seen Big Hero 6 and I feel like I need to before the game is released. What other levels do you think they might include that aren't 'classics'?

Guest Glimm

Ice-related games and fights do sound interesting. I'm expecting something crazy and slick like in the Tron world, though. I can't imagine doing that kind of action in Toy Story and Frozen worlds. I'm ready to be surprised, though.

By the way, try watching this and tell me how not to be too excited!

Guest Sim-antics
@Zack T, You're probably right about Frozen. That movie was a really big deal. Like @Glimm said, it could have a lot of fun ice-related adventures too. I hadn't seen that trailer yet. It looks like a lot of fun! I wonder if it will be like Hundred Acre Wood or if it will be a bigger part of the game.

Guest Evie

I hadn't seen that trailer before either, @Glimm. Thanks for sharing it! It reminds me of the Timeless River world in Kingdom Hearts II. I thought that was a lot of fun and this looks even better!

I'm sure Frozen will be making an appearance. I think Brave is a possibility too.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest North

More gameplay footage:

The familiar faces of the enemies make me feel so nostalgic. This game has come a long way since the first was released. I used to look down on it... But now it's one of my favorite game series. Tetsuya Nomura said that Square Enix would reveal the official release date on early June. Please make it earlier than December!