Fan Clubs (beta)

NBA Playoffs

Guest planetdoom

Guest planetdoom
Anyone keeping an eye on the NBA playoffs? Though the Warriors are the favorite to take the championship again, not sure it'll be as easy as it was for them last year. During the regular season, there were major lapses in focus and defense. Playoffs are when the game intensifies. Can they do it again?

Guest airgold
I hope someone can take down the Warriors. Can't stand Draymond Green. He's a loud mouth and a dirty player. I'd rather see different teams in the championships this year instead of seeing Golden State and Cleveland. Gets old seeing the same teams.

Guest HighlyLogical

@planetdoom Yes, I think they can and will do it again this year, but I agree with you in that I don't think it will be so easy for them this year. That can be a good thing for some people. When things start to get too easy sometimes people slack off or take things for granted.

@airgold The Warriors are my favorite NBA team, although it hasn't always been that way with me. I used to adore the Lakers, now it's Golden State all the way. I'm not too fond of Draymond either, he just kind of rubs me the wrong way but I adore Steph Curry, and Steph seems to genuinely get along with Draymond, and I think that Steve Kerr is a smart coach, and he still keeps Draymond around, so... that's how I try to deal with it.

I don't think Draymond is any more dirty with his style of play than a lot of those players out on the court, for some reason he's just easy to dislike. I kind of have an idea why that is.

What gets me about Draymond is all that flailing of his body he used to do, those wild unnecessary kicks. It's like, "Ugh, will you please stop that?! " That annoys me like you would not believe.

Seeing the same old teams does get kind of tired, but until other teams start to get better this is what we're stuck with.

Guest The Wild Things
@HighlyLogical It's really hard not to adore Steph Curry. He's such a gifted player and seems like a genuinely good person. He seems like the kind of guy who could get along with anyone, so that doesn't really help me feel better about Draymond. I think that the Warriors are more than likely going to end up taking it all. However, I think the Rockets could come in and take it. As much as I like the Warriors, I think it'd be nice to see someone other than them (or the Cavs) win.

Guest HighlyLogical
@HighlyLogical It's really hard not to adore Steph Curry. He's such a gifted player and seems like a genuinely good person. He seems like the kind of guy who could get along with anyone, so that doesn't really help me feel better about Draymond. I think that the Warriors are more than likely going to end up taking it all. However, I think the Rockets could come in and take it. As much as I like the Warriors, I think it'd be nice to see someone other than them (or the Cavs) win.

Ohhh, so you don't like Draymond either? We should all start a club :lol: ... just kidding. Now that you mention it, I think you're right, Steph Curry seems like he can get along with anyone (although I did see him exchange a few words with LeBron).

I've never really thought about it that way before, isn't that interesting? I'm asking myself that question because for years now I've just gone along with the thought of, "Well, Draymond can't be all that bad, Steph likes him." Never did I once think, "Well, that's only natural because Steph gets along with everybody." Wow, okay. I'm sort of stunned actually.0_O O_0 Why didn't I think of that?

I agree with you in that I think the Warriors are going to win again this year. Since they're my favorite team I can't really say that I want someone else to win, but what I would like to see is really good game play between the final two teams. I want to be entertained, I don't want to feel like the Warriors are going to win it all, even though I want them to, if that makes sense.

Guest The Wild Things
Ohhh, so you don't like Draymond either? We should all start a club :lol: ... just kidding. Now that you mention it, I think you're right, Steph Curry seems like he can get along with anyone (although I did see him exchange a few words with LeBron).

I've never really thought about it that way before, isn't that interesting? I'm asking myself that question because for years now I've just gone along with the thought of, "Well, Draymond can't be all that bad, Steph likes him." Never did I once think, "Well, that's only natural because Steph gets along with everybody." Wow, okay. I'm sort of stunned actually.0_O O_0 Why didn't I think of that?

I agree with you in that I think the Warriors are going to win again this year. Since they're my favorite team I can't really say that I want someone else to win, but what I would like to see is really good game play between the final two teams. I want to be entertained, I don't want to feel like the Warriors are going to win it all, even though I want them to, if that makes sense.

No, I don't. I think he just seems like a jerk. The amount of technical fouls he gets is alarming, but even worse are his reactions toward the refs after he gets them. I'm sure even someone like Steph Curry could get pushed too far, but he might be willing to make some more effort for a teammate. I'm sorry for making you question everything, haha.

That's fair enough. Everyone would love to see their team win. I don't really have a favorite team. I'm the type of person who is more likely to root against someone. At the end of the day, I just appreciate a good game. That totally makes sense to me. It's like a book - you want the protagonist to be victorious but you don't want it to be easy for them. You want to sweat a little!

Guest HighlyLogical
No, I don't. I think he just seems like a jerk.

What you probably need to do is let go and tell us how you really feel!!:lol: Stop holding back!:laugh::laugh::roflmao:

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but here goes... Draymond is starting to grow on me.o_O:eek:

I know, I know! I can't believe it either, but he is. In my defense I'm going to say that I just want the Warriors to win, so whatever it takes... even if it takes someone like Draymond out there on the floor. He probably wouldn't bug me so much if he didn't do all of that mouth breathing. It seems like every time the camera is on him on the court, his mouth is open.

I'm sure that Steph could probably get pushed too far when it comes to someone like Draymond (in addition to a rival like LeBron) but he probably feels like 'why make day to day life miserable? he's my teammate, gotta deal with it'. Plus I think what Steph sees in Draymond is a person who doesn't mind being a "bit" player. Draymond doesn't try to be a superstar, doesn't try to get the limelight, he just does the dirty work.

So, you tend to root against people? I can totally identify with that, because I'll do that a lot too. Sometimes I have no clue who a team is, but I'll want them to win so that they'll beat the team I'm rooting against.

And @airgold, things are getting interesting, you might get your wish. Cleveland is down two games to none!

Guest airgold

And @airgold, things are getting interesting, you might get your wish. Cleveland is down two games to none!

The way the Rockets came out and demolished the Warriors for game 2 of the Western Conference Finals, I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up in the championship series. Be nice to see the Rockets against the Celtics just to change things up a bit. And the way Curry is playing, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rockets take the series from Golden State.

Guest HighlyLogical
The way the Rockets came out and demolished the Warriors for game 2 of the Western Conference Finals, I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up in the championship series. Be nice to see the Rockets against the Celtics just to change things up a bit. And the way Curry is playing, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rockets take the series from Golden State.

There are so many things that bother me about the Rockets, but I'm not even gonna go there. I will say... no, I better not. I think I'll just be quiet about the Rockets:rolleyes: and stick with wanting the Warriors to win.

Steph just might be tired, who knows? Hopefully the Warriors will make it to the championship series, and I can come come back to this thread and gloat... if I were that type of person.:sneaky:

Guest The Wild Things
@HighlyLogical, I know. I really need to learn how to wear my heart on my sleeve. Honestly, if the Warriors were my team, I'd probably feel differently about him. I'm glad I'm not the only one who roots against people! It's one of my favorite pastimes. It drives my family bonkers because they all usually root for the same team so I, of course, root for the other. It keeps things interesting.

Guest HighlyLogical

@The Wild Things Yes, you probably would feel differently about Draymond if the Warriors were your team, but then again, maybe not. He's a bit much on a good day. I have to actively try to like him, but like I admitted earlier he is starting to grow on me.

As far as currently rooting against teams, I have to say that I'm rooting against the Rockets. I don't even like to watch them play, so hopefully they won't be in the Championship.

Guest airgold
Well, looks like it's come down to a 3 game series after the way the Warriors fell apart in the fourth quarter Tuesday night. And the tough part is that the Rockets have home court advantage. Both are terrific teams so we'll see what happens over the next few nights.

Guest planetdoom
Looks like it's the Warriors-Cavaliers IV. Watched the game on Monday night and it was almost a repeat of the Saturday game. Warriors started the game horribly in the first half and then turned it up several notches in the second half. Not sure what Kerr or other players say during halftime, but whatever it is, it sure works.

Guest HighlyLogical

Hopefully the Warriors will make it to the championship series, and I can come come back to this thread and gloat... if I were that type of person.:sneaky:

Where does one start?... I mean, this is where I'd gloat. But I'm not that kind of person.

:partysign::partysign::partysign::partysign::party::party::party::drink::drink::muhaha: No, I'm not the gloating type, so I'll just keep quiet about how my Warriors are once again on their way to another Championship:whistling:.

Guest airgold
Came to eat my serving of crow. I concede that the Warriors are an elite team. I probably won't be watching because, to me, it really doesn't matter at this point. Really wanted to see different teams in the finals but until the rest of the NBA gets better, looks like we're stuck with this.

Guest HighlyLogical
Came to eat my serving of crow. I concede that the Warriors are an elite team. I probably won't be watching because, to me, it really doesn't matter at this point. Really wanted to see different teams in the finals but until the rest of the NBA gets better, looks like we're stuck with this.

Well... since you probably aren't watching because it really doesn't matter at this point:sneaky::eyebrows:, how about that Kevin Durant-- game three!! I mean, it's almost all over:rip::sleepdig: for the Cavaliers. They might (might!) win game 4 because after all they do have LeBron, but I seriously doubt they can come overcome a three game lead by the Warriors.

Now of course all of the speculation is turning towards whether or not LeBron is going to stay in Cleveland. Some people have actually said that he should go join the Warriors!0_O O_0 If he did, that would be terrible. I think I might give up watching basketball altogether. I don't know exactly why, but something about that scenario just bugs me.

Guest HighlyLogical

:drink::drink::eyebrows: Another one!! Running out of fingers for all of these rings!

This is too easy, hopefully next year someone will have an answer for what the Warriors bring to the table.

Edited by HighlyLogical