Fan Clubs | beta

Best of The Sims

Guest IdesOfMarch

Guest IdesOfMarch

Another thread mentioned The Sims and it got me thinking about how expansive that game is. Which The Sims 1-4 is your favourite? Which expansion pack(s) is your all-time favourite?

Personally I'm a fan of the first two games. I think they had some of the best expansion packs. I really loved Makin' Magic for the 1st one, but the University expansion pack for The Sims 2 is probably my favourite expansion pack ever.

I love them all. I like the career mode in The Sims 4 because I get to do something with the promotion, and not just improving my skills. I like the Adventure (or Vacation) mode in The Sims 3 because it felt like I was playing an RPG.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AlexMack

I like the careers in The Sims 4 too, @Pumba. It was neat for them to add the option for us to go to work with them. Which one of the new careers is your favorite?

@IdesOfMarch, Makin' Magic was a lot of fun. I wish I could play all of those expansion packs again. It's one of the only packs from the first game that really never got a makeover. I love the Seasons expansion packs. I haven't gotten it for TS4 yet though. Pets are pretty cool too.

I like the careers in The Sims 4 too, @Pumba. It was neat for them to add the option for us to go to work with them. Which one of the new careers is your favorite?

I like the Detective Career because I can get my Social Skill to increase fast because I will go to different houses or establishments to investigate things. I play the game with one character to control because it is hard to manage many characters.

Guest AlexMack
The Detective career is a good one! It really did help with the social skill. I definitely met a whole bunch of other sims that way. The different careers were fun for a while but I didn't like going to work all the time. Sometimes it's nice to just have them go do things on their own.

I thought the new careers were cool at first. Once I'd done them all I was pretty much over the expansion pack though. I always get excited when an expansion pack includes new jobs. I just prefer the ones where I don't have to be too involved. I'm a lazy player.

I think my favorite Sims 4 expansion has been Jungle Adventure.

Some of the expansion packs have a different gameplay compare to the normal game. It becomes boring when you play the game repeating the menial activities over and over again. The expansion packs will give us new things to do and new things to get or achieve.

Guest IdesOfMarch
All of you gave great answers. I'm not really a fan of the Careers expansion pack, only because I got bored with it too quickly. I didn't get as bored with the others. I wonder if they're planning on any more expansion packs for this version or if they're actually working on The Sims 5.

Some of the expansion packs have a different gameplay compare to the normal game. It becomes boring when you play the game repeating the menial activities over and over again. The expansion packs will give us new things to do and new things to get or achieve.

Absolutely. I wish they had some more for The Sims 4 but maybe they're working on The Sims 5 like @IdesOfMarch suggested. I guess we'll have to see.

I like their content packages as well. Some of them have included more things than items. The Parenting one was pretty good.

Sometimes the game seems incomplete, especially when we play the game without these expansion packs. Like when I played the original game, I was looking for the washing machine because that inspires the Sims, but it wasn't there so I expected that it will be included in an expansion pack.