Fan Clubs (beta)

Gutted that this will be Game of Throne's final season

jack25

Most of us have loved George RR Martin's creative tale of kings, queens and paupers and it is unfortunate that the eighth season will be the last. I loved the fact that the first six seasons had a consistency of 10 episodes each. The seventh only had 7 episodes and it is rumored that the eight will only have 6. Who else is (pensively) but sadly looking forward to 2019?

Guest Meerkat
I'm excited to see the conclusion of the show. There are many, too many, TV shows right now that are just going on for so long that there is no end in sight. Game of Thrones is above and beyond these other shows because they are bold in their storytelling and are not afraid to say that it is the end. Edited by Meerkat

I'm excited to see the conclusion of the show. There are many too many TV shows right now that are just going on for so long that there is no end in sight. Game of Thrones is above and beyond these other shows because they are bold in their storytelling and are not afraid to say that it is the end.

To some extent, I agree with you @Meerkat. There is really no point in having a show that introduces nothing new, other than going around the same characters over and over. On the other hand, perhaps it gets to a point where the producers of a show run out of ideas and then opt to bring it to an abrupt end.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't follow series faithfully, but even I feel a little sad thinking about the ending. I hope it becomes a good example of how to finish a long-running series. Do you guys think it will end well?

Once it's over, I will have to find some time to marathon the series right from the start.

I don't follow series faithfully, but even I feel a little sad thinking about the ending. I hope it becomes a good example of how to finish a long-running series. Do you guys think it will end well?

Once it's over, I will have to find some time to marathon the series right from the start.

You will love this series. In fact, I am thinking of starting all over again. There has been a lot of talk about how it could end and I have always looked forward to Tyron and Sansa ending up together. Too bad we'll have nothing to look forward to anymore.

You will love this series. In fact, I am thinking of starting all over again. There has been a lot of talk about how it could end and I have always looked forward to Tyron and Sansa ending up together. Too bad we'll have nothing to look forward to anymore.

I'm quite confident I will. The short format means I don't have to spend too much time to finish a season, and the clear finish line helps to steer things in the right direction. I'm not sure if that does justice to the original works, but I don't read the books anyway. I know that the characters die left and right, so I've heard that it's better not to get too attached!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Meerkat
I have always looked forward to Tyron and Sansa ending up together. Too bad we'll have nothing to look forward to anymore.

I would like for them to have their separate ways. If Tyron will become the Hand of the King of the North, then I will happy about it.

There is one thing that I've learned from this TV show and that is we can't expect that someone important will die in the show.

I would like for them to have their separate ways. If Tyron will become the Hand of the King of the North, then I will happy about it.

There is one thing that I've learned from this TV show and that is we can't expect that someone important will die in the show.

For a long time, Tyrion Lannister has been my favorite and even if he and Sansa go separate ways, I would love to see him as king. It will be a long while before we see such creativity in the form of a series.

Guest Meerkat
I would love to see him as king.

That is a different twist that I won't be expecting in this show. I see Tyrion as a supporting character and not really a candidate for the throne. The obvious conclusion of the show is that Jon will be the King of the North and Daenerys will be Queen of the South.

That is a different twist that I won't be expecting in this show. I see Tyrion as a supporting character and not really a candidate for the throne. The obvious conclusion of the show is that Jon will be the King of the North and Daenerys will be Queen of the South.

Well, the producer/director of the show could as well decide to shift the plot completely but all the same, I think it makes all GoT fans all the more pensive. Has anyone ever read the novels?