Fan Clubs | beta

Has AI changed video gaming for the better?

coleman

AI has grown in leaps and bounds to an extent where it is possible to mimic humans. In real war fare, an enemy can attack you without having a clear visual and we are beginning to see such possibilities in the gaming scene. Do you reckon that the gaming experience will get better, going forward?

• 2 months later...
I don't know if I want to compare the AI with real situations, but I don't feel like there is a lot of significance there and in the future. Mostly, I appreciate that we can choose the level of AI difficulty to play against. It's still much more fun to play with friends on your side, but I'll take what I can.

Guest Incredible Iron
In real war fare, an enemy can attack you without having a clear visual and we are beginning to see such possibilities in the gaming scene.

I'm not a war veteran so I won't speak for our vets. As far as I know, real-life warfare scenario cannot be predicted even with good AI in the game. Gaming codes have a limitation, whereas you never know what to expect in real-life battles.

I'm not a war veteran so I won't speak for our vets. As far as I know, real-life warfare scenario cannot be predicted even with good AI in the game. Gaming codes have a limitation, whereas you never know what to expect in real-life battles.

I believe the players have won the battle the moment they figure out the patterns produced by those codes. That's probably why online games where you fight against other players are so popular these days. It's just more challenging in general.

Guest Revenger
I believe the players have won the battle the moment they figure out the patterns produced by those codes. That's probably why online games where you fight against other players are so popular these days. It's just more challenging in general.

Likewise with the patterns of each player, when you know their moves, then you can create a strategy on how to defeat them. In a real-life scenario, I think they apply the same strategy. We have the reconnaissance group or infiltrators to determine the patterns of an enemy, then create a strategy out of those patterns.

Likewise with the patterns of each player, when you know their moves, then you can create a strategy on how to defeat them. In a real-life scenario, I think they apply the same strategy. We have the reconnaissance group or infiltrators to determine the patterns of an enemy, then create a strategy out of those patterns.

That player may realize that we have decoded his pattern at some point, so he may change his strategy to win. The cycle then repeats. AI for the games that we've known so far is not that dynamic. I don't mean to say that it's not fun going up against them. It's a different type of fun.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Revenger
I believe there is still a lot of room for improvement in the AI concept. Not only will video games continue to get better, but other things too.

I think so too. There might come a time when an AI can adapt to the strategy of a player and use that strategy against that player. That game would be fun to play with as the AI will be thinking differently every time we fight it.

Guest whothe_h_isshane
I am currently not a big fan of AI games, but I do recognize and agree that it is still at the beginning stages and I believe that in the future it will be so much better and I may start enjoying it.

Guest Meerkat
I am currently not a big fan of AI games, but I do recognize and agree that it is still at the beginning stages and I believe that in the future it will be so much better and I may start enjoying it.

Can you give us an example of the AI game that you like playing?

I like playing simulation games and I think this genre has the easiest AI opponent to beat because it always follows the same pattern. Knowing that pattern will help us gain the victory. The Sims, for me, is the easiest game to play.

Guest Mecha Jaraxxus
It depends on the game. For example, the AI is pretty smart in the Metal Gear Solid games. I love that series. In most games the AI isn't that good. Especially playing a co-op. When you have an AI on your team instead of a real player, you're at a big disadvantage as the AI always makes the worst decisions and gets killed all the time.

Guest Meerkat
AI always makes the worst decisions and gets killed all the time.

I understand the frustration. We make a strategy on how to defeat the opponent and the AI partner will just ruin that plan. However, I sometimes take advantage of that by making the AI the bait so I can hunt down the opponent.