Fan Clubs | beta

Best Time to Exercise

Guest RegentLennox

Guest RegentLennox
There are benefits to working out at different times of the day; exercising in the morning starts your day on a positive note, and doing it in the evening can help you unwind after a stressful day. Work schedules are also an important factor in determining how people spend their time. I tend to work out in the afternoons and evenings more. Is there an optimal time to exercise in terms of energy levels or other benefits?

Fitness experts will tell you that morning workouts are the best but with each of us having a different routine, it is advisable to exercise whenever your schedule permits it. I exercise in the evenings during the weekdays and early morning during the weekends.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cherry-Chan

I try to go running in the morning before work, because when I get back from work I am too tired to do anything except watch telly and eat. But then in the mornings I am sometimes so tired that I just want to drink coffee.

The best day for running, I think, is my day off, then I don't have to think about other things that I need to be doing. On my day off, I run in the morning, come back and have a big breakfast, then I shower, then I have a leisurely day.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd say the best time to exercise is whenever you want to! I always have trouble with self-motivation, and I'm still often lazy even though I know I should do it for my own health. Also, the time is also less important than the weekly frequency or duration.

Guest Revenger
I would conclude that the "definition" of exercise is different for each of us, based on what I read so far. As for me, I exercise even though I don't schedule because I ride my bike to work and I walk the stairs instead of using the lift.

I would conclude that the "definition" of exercise is different for each of us, based on what I read so far. As for me, I exercise even though I don't schedule because I ride my bike to work and I walk the stairs instead of using the lift.

Maybe that's the case. I'd say that you're not really exercising as it depends on the distance to your workplace or the frequency you're using the stairs. Then again, any kind of physical activity will benefit our health, so that's still awesome.

Guest Revenger
It is probably a defense mechanism of mine in saying that because I only workout once a week, either Saturday night or Sunday morning. Honestly, this is my new year's resolution every year that is not being followed.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest FlyyGurl
Ideally, working out in the morning before breakfast is best because you burn the most fat and revs up your metabolism. That being said, I know many people (myself included) aren't big fans of mornings, so if working out in the evening after work works best for you, do it, rather than dragging yourself to the gym every morning - because we all know that won't last ;)

Guest whothe_h_isshane
I don't believe there is a bad time to exercise. There may be a better time to exercise, but it is all about the effort and energy you give during your workouts. If you are able to give 100% in the evening and only 50% in the morning, you should work out in the evenings.