Fan Clubs | beta

Unsatisfying Film and Programme Endings

Snarky-Guru

Have you ever seen a film or programme that had an unsatisfying ending? Maybe the bad guy came out on top, a once lovable character turned rogue, a fantastic character died, two characters wound up romantically involved who were never suited, the show ended too quickly with lots of loose ends ignored, or a twist ending mucked it all up. I've probably seen a fair few, but one of the most unsatisfying had to be the film Titanic. I so wanted Jack and Rose to get their happily ever after. What's yours?

Guest Mecha Jaraxxus
The biggest film ending letdown of all time for me was The Village. I'd really enjoyed the film up until the crap ending! I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but my advice would be not to waste your time watching it in the first place.

I've always felt the ending for Don's story in Mad Men was unsatisfying. The rest of the finale was good with me, I liked seeing how everyone else ended up and was surprisingly happy for Pete - I won't spoil it if you haven't watched Mad Men, but Don's ending just felt...weird and underwhelming and uncharacteristic.

Guest FlyyGurl
Happens all the time. I often watch a movie and start creating this ending in my brain that is super eventful and then the ending is different and it disappoints me. The worst was Pretty Little Liars, they could have done so much better but instead they make up some weird, uneventful ending.

I wasn't satisfied with the ending of HBO's Rome because it wasn't finished. The show ended because the producers spent so much on the show that the income won't even pay for the expenses made in creating the show.

Guest Chuckyy
Hmmm, one of the worst endings ever for me would have to be The Strangers. I literally started laughing in the theater. I thought the entire movie was pretty bad to begin with but the ending just sealed the deal.