Fan Clubs | beta

Getting Stuck In The Game

Guest Meerkat

Guest Meerkat
Have you ever experienced getting stuck in a game and you don't know how to proceed or win that current scenario or level? It happened to me on several occasions and it is really frustrating. What I do is I will stop playing that game for several days and play other games. What about you?

Guest Castle
That is part of what makes the gaming experience unique and fulfilling. Getting stuck may be frustrating at first but overcoming the challenge feels awesome.

Guest Revenger
The feeling is indeed incredible when we overcome a very hard part of the game without any outside help. To me, I don't want to wait so I either ask a friend who plays the same game or go to the internet for the solution.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Meerkat
Asking a friend is a good way to know how to pass through a level, but there are games I play that my friends are not playing so I only refer to the internet when I want to immediately pass a level.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest browncoat
There is a delicate balance between giving up too early and cheating yourself of the satisfaction of figuring out a puzzle or developing a skill required for later levels and driving yourself insane bashing your head against the problem for days. Where exactly the true balancing point is between these two extremes I'm not exactly sure. It depends greatly on the game and the situation in general. For adventure games I absolutely refuse to look up the solutions. Same for any story-based game I am playing. If I run into trouble and can't figure it out, I take a break or play something else and come back to it. Sometimes it takes days to solve a puzzle because you missed an item or some piece of information was overlooked, but the satisfaction of solving the entire game on your own far outweighs the few days of frustration it causes me. Mileage may vary!

Guest Mecha Jaraxxus
I don't look up the solutions to games. It really ruins the enjoyment of the game for me. I have done it in the past, only to severely regret it. There was no sense of accomplishment. I felt that I didn't really beat the game because I didn't figure out the solution myself.