Fan Clubs | beta

The youngest "self-made" billionaire

coleman

It is no mean fete to be a billionaire at a mere age of 21 but the claim by Forbes that Kylie Jenner was self-made drew a lot of mixed reactions. Either way, it seems that the celebrity, valued at US$ 1 billion, is not about to slow down.

Guest Castle
Whether she was self-made or not, it is truly a great achievement if you ask me. She took advantage of the opportunities that came her way.

Forbes claim that she was ‘self-made’ seemed over-ambitious but she deserves credit for making use of the opportunities that came her way. Many people get the same privileges but fail to make full use of them.

Guest Revenger
Many people get the same privileges but fail to make full use of them.

I agree with this statement. The privileges we are given will make us or break us. Either we stand up to the challenge or we lose. She deserved the praise for utilizing the privileges she got.

I agree with this statement. The privileges we are given will make us or break us. Either we stand up to the challenge or we lose. She deserved the praise for utilizing the privileges she got.

The interesting bit is that she didn't pay so much attention to the critics that kept referring to the fact that she wasn't self-made, somehow acknowledging that yes, she could have gotten some help along the way. At the end of the day, what counts is how we make use of the opportunities that come our way.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mecha Jaraxxus
Self-made? Ridiculous. Praising people born into extremely rich families for "making it" is exactly what's wrong with the world. She deserves no praise or credit in my opinion.

I think that's going a bit too far. It's not her fault that she was born into a wealthy family, and that shouldn't automatically discredit her efforts to make her own way in life.

I agree with the notion that it's silly to call her "self-made" because it sounds really out of touch when you consider that she does have financial advantages that most others don't have, due to her family. However, she's actively trying to generate her own wealth and success instead of just leeching off her family name/fortune and I think that deserves acknowledgment.