Fan Clubs | beta

Family-Themed Video Games

Guest Incredible Iron

Guest Incredible Iron
I like playing with my kids. My problem is that they like playing with their gadgets and game consoles. Are there any family-themed games where we can all play together?

Guest Revenger
I don't know any specific game that caters for the family, although you can play a dancing or singing contest for the whole family to join.

Guest Chuckyy
I forget the exact name of the game, but I believe it's called Family Game Night and there's more than one of them. It's a bunch of multi-player mini games that are designed to play with your family. They're a lot of fun.

Guest macroclick
Many games on any of the Nintendo consoles are geared towards families and have fun engaging mini games. Mario Party alone is a lot of fun for anyone that likes video games. Nintendo is great at innovating fun and family safe technology into their consoles. You might not find the latest graphic capabilities under the hood, but they always deliver solid performance results. The systems run well, and you won't have to work too hard to find a bunch of games your kids will enjoy playing--and maybe even let you play too! :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Revenger
I recently saw an ad by Hasbro about board games. I think there is a Monopoly video game. I haven't tried it yet so I don't know how it works. We have a Monopoly board game and it is great for family game time.

Guest browncoat

What age range are you looking to entertain? That's the big question when trying to find games for kids. The things that engage them vary so drastically from ages 4 to 10 you really need to know the audience to give a good answer!

I would say something physical is always more engaging for kids in general though, so something like Dance Dance Revolution or Guitar Hero is going to be a big hit, but that would be ages 8 and up or so. Check the recommended age on each game that you consider would be the best advice I can give!