Fan Clubs | beta

Blurry Vision After Playing Game

Guest Incredible Iron

Guest Incredible Iron
I recently bought a new phone and I started playing mobile games. I don't know if I'm getting old or my eyes are just strained in playing the games. Do you also experience the same thing after playing a video or mobile game?

Guest browncoat
Make sure you have the correct display options and power settings. Pay close attention to the blue light filter, and the display resolution settings (which are often affected by power saving modes.) Mileage will vary from phone to phone and person to person, but I personally cannot stand looking at the phone with the blue light filter on or at a lower resolution setting. The filter is supposed to be helpful but it works the opposite for me, and the resolution being too low does save power but it makes the screen have kind of a "buzz" or "static" quality to it.

Guest macroclick
I get blurry vision all the time. Especially at night it can get pretty bad. I usually just keep playing to be honest. I do have to change games to counteract the effect though. If I'm playing a really intense game visually such as Overwatch it makes it worse, but a slower game like Hearthstone I can keep playing no matter how blurry my eyes get.

Guest Incredible Iron
Hey browncoat, I think you are right about the blue light filter. I've adjusted the light settings and it worked better. I haven't played much about the phone settings so I didn't think about the blue light filter. Edited by Incredible Iron

The blue light filter comes in handy if your surroundings are dark if not pitch black. It is designed to be easier on the eyes. If you get blurry vision though, which is not normal for anyone, go get your eyes checked.

Guest Chuckyy
I get blurry eyes when I'm tired, not sure if it's related to the actual display on my device. Things just look odd to me when I have the blue light filter on. I find it harder to see.

I hardly play any games on the phone and even when I do so, it will only be for a short while. I prefer the display to be of a lower resolution since too much brightness tends to strain my eyes.

You could book an appointment with an optician just to be sure.

Guest Incredible Iron
I already set an appointment to see an ophthalmologist by this weekend. In the meantime, do you think it will be okay to wear sunglasses while using my phone to reduce the radiation or light or whatever it is that is straining my eyes when I'm playing?

Guest browncoat
Hey browncoat, I think you are right about the blue light filter. I've adjusted the light settings and it worked better. I haven't played much about the phone settings so I didn't think about the blue light filter.

Glad that it worked out for you! My one phone's screen is nearly "perma-dimmed" due to my battery being awful so I'm stuck having a hard time seeing it regardless of the filter. My newer phone that I try to keep away from the kids has all the bells and whistles and works well, but the kids have a special sense for what gadget I don't want them to play with and they go right for the newer phone every time. I don't know how they manage it, but they turn on the blue light filter all the time and it drives me crazy! Gotta love them though, I'm raising the new generation of gamers afterall!

Guest Meerkat
The phone's lighting may be one of the factors that made your eyes blurry. Although, it can also be a symptom of something that you have. I would go with the others for you to have an eye checkup as the physician will know more about the condition of your eyes.