Fan Clubs | beta

Top Video Games of all time

jack25

What would you list as the most popular games of all time? It is possible that we may not all have the same opinion but for me, Final Fantasy 7, Need for Speed, League of Legends, FIFA and Call of Duty clearly stand/stood out.

Guest Incredible Iron
I guess it depends on the gaming platform and the console you like to play with. I like playing with PC so I would say Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty. I was a fan of Battlefield until the game became tedious because the gameplay is almost the same.

Guest macroclick
Popular as in best selling? Or perhaps popular as in longevity of players/fan base? What criteria would you use to define most popular? The titles you mention all seem to fall into the longevity of players/fan base criteria. Final Fantasy 7 especially has had such a following for over twenty years now! That's right, the original game came out in 1997.

Popular as in best selling? Or perhaps popular as in longevity of players/fan base? What criteria would you use to define most popular? The titles you mention all seem to fall into the longevity of players/fan base criteria. Final Fantasy 7 especially has had such a following for over twenty years now! That's right, the original game came out in 1997.

Well, I would say in terms of longevity of the fan base but then again if a certain game is best selling, it could possibly also mean that it has a huge fan base. I agree that Final Fantasy has been around for quite a while.

Guest Incredible Iron
If we are talking about longevity, then I would say that Mario would win the prize. I guess we can call him the father of video gaming, even though he did not create any video games.

Guest macroclick
Mario is also a great pick for huge fan base and shear number of games that spread across multiple platforms. Even the replayabilitty factor is there even all the way back to Mario Bros 1. Don't forget about Duck Hunt! I recently had the chance to play it on an original console with the original light gun at a bar doing a theme retro video game night. It was still a blast all these years later.

Guest browncoat
What about Zelda? The original NES game is an absolute classic, but if I had my pick I'd go with Ocarina of Time. I know a lot of people my age that attribute their love of video games to that title. It was the first large world Zelda game and helped redefine the entire genre. And somehow it all fit onto one of those 8mb (I think?) cartridges.

Guest Meerkat
Zelda is good, but it caters only to some players. I would go along with Mario as it is loved by the older generation of players as well as the younger ones. As for me personally, I choose The Sims because it is still going strong.