Fan Clubs | beta

The future of gaming

coleman

The gaming industry has a come a long way, from the 2D games to complex shooters like Battlefield 3. Is it right to believe that the future of gaming will owe a lot to the resurgence of virtual reality? We can already see that secondary screens are starting to become popular!

I believe VR will continue to make inroads here. I think AI will play a part as well in the future. This is a multi-billion dollar industry that is VERY competitive. They have the money and the desire to continue to improve, and they will do just that. In my opinion.

VR eventually will be huge, but only when the experience is more polished. It's a bit obstructive having to wear special glasses and use special controllers for it. When it comes to nearly simulating a holodeck type of experience, then I'll be all about it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Meerkat
The glasses are indeed an obstruction to the gaming experience. I suppose there will come a time when we will use contact lenses instead of VR sets. I really wish that someone will develop a game using holograms.

Hey @Meerkat , I look forward to seeing a game developed using holograms even though this could take years. I have always imagined that contacts can get comfortable to the eye. Either way, the gaming scene is set to undergo radical changes in the near future.

Guest Meerkat
I believe that there is nothing impossible in our age. It just takes a matter of time before our imagination becomes a reality. If I'm not mistaken, there is a company that is trying to create a game console with our eyes as its game controller. How sick is that if that becomes a reality?