Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

How to improve Smackdown?

Guest poland74

Guest horsemansmiler

Yea well WWE borrow a lot of ideas and that us title thing could work. Also factions with lots of titles will never be new but dammit if its worked right then it still works.

I was thinking of maybe having some sort of showdown over nationality Tajiri the face and loyal USA fan would team with sum1 say cena Then during the match mayne even an old school tag team flag match(like vader/pastriot and bret and bulldog had at IYH18) Tajiri pulls the trigger and joins his comrades in the jap camp

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anime Otaku
yeah thas one thing that would be a little hard is gettiing them turned and over as heels, plus i actually wasn't to happy when Tajiri turned the first time on Torrie Wilson when she started costing him matches and he made her dress in a Kimono

Guest Ravenmark

I'm in two minds about the best way for Smackdown to go.

The cruiserweight situation needs to be addressed. All the cruisers need to be taken seriously, as seriously as heavyweight workers. I'm excluding Rey from this, as he is made to look strong against whoever he faces.

However, take a guy like London (IMO more talented than Rey and more rounded, good on the mic etc) and he always gets squashed by heavyweights.

For a start the cruiserweight title needs to be treated seriously. It is the WORLD CRUISERWEIGHT title and should have higher value put on it than the United States title.

Therefore the cruiserweight champion should be seen as a contender for the world title and as a threat to the world champion.

Just because the cruisers are smaller and wrestler a different style doesn't mean they should be squashed time and time again by JBL etc

The cruisers can mix it up with the big guys, as Rey has proved and Eddie is not far off a cruiser himself!

Guest The Doctor
I know WWE do it all the time but if all the Japanese are creepy heels, the French are poodle walking flag wearing heels, the Arabs are war referencing national dress wearing heels and even those from Quebec aren't safe, we'll be having goosestepping Nazis from Germany if the Offensive Stereotype division of WWE Creative continues this way! :)

Guest horsemansmiler

The cruisers can mix it up with the big guys, as Rey has proved and Eddie is not far off a cruiser himself!

Main example of this story has gotta be Y2J Hello people he was wcw crusierweight champ then when he caught a break he won all the titles he could

Guest Anime Otaku

okay i think we are way off topic and getting onto dodgy groundhere anyway lol

but yeah a big Japanese faction might work but i'd mean 2 people turning and like i said i wasn't too fussed on Tajiri Yoshihiro as a heel

• 2 weeks later...
Guest death4519
Maybe peoples opinion on how bad it is may vary but everyone generally agrees Smackdown needs some improvements. Heres my ideas.

Tape it live, cut the adverts especially during matches (that really annoys me and rarely happens on raw), sack Michael Cole, bring in some different stars to have new feuds, bring in quality cruiserweights and dedicate a portion of the show to them.

Scrap most of the useless diva's unless they can be used in some way like Amy Weber was. There is also no need for no name wrestlers to be on the show unless they are going to be regulars and cause an upset.

i agree with everything you are saying smackdown used to be cool but now it,s uncool oh and u must agree that teddy long is the best gm smackdown has ever had oh and they also need to sac carleito cool.

Guest The Franchise

A couple of things come to mind here on how to improve Smackdown.

1.Bring in a new title that everyone can fight for. At one point in time the NWA had a very prestigous title that stood out above the rest IMO. And that was the World Television championship. Everytime the champion was on television the belt was up for grabs. Plus another thing that made the TV title so great is the fact that anyone was able to challenge for it. It didnt matter if you were a heavyweight,a super-heavyweight,a light-heavyweight,or even a cruiserweight. Anyone could challenge for the title. This is something thats needed for those upcoming rising stars thats starting to reach superstar status in the WWE. This type of championship indeed would spice up the Smackdown show.

2.A weekly Wrestling top ten contenders list. I know I've said this before but this is what would truly put feuds in prespective IMO. I mean dont you ever find yourself scratching your head wondering why certain people are feuding with each other for no reason sometime? So do I.

Now if you had guys fighting each other trying to get further up rankings of the top ten in order to get a shot at the US title or the Cruiserweight in the future then things would start making sense. Then it would be understandable why certain guys would issue challenges to others higher on the contenders list.

3.Go back to the"extreme"style of wrestling. Hardcore matches,Cage matches,bunkhouse matches,last man standing matches;etc. If Smackdown wants to compete with Raw the creative team behind the scenes needs to start doing extreme things to get Smackdown over Raw.

4.The WWE needs an open door policy in order to bring in new talent to help the very lukewarm tag team division. Lets face it NWA/TNA has a better crop of tag-teams than the entire WWE put together. If the WWE had an open door policy to allow anyone from anywhere to come and wrestle for them it would totally benefit them in the long run.

I mean they call themselves the World Wrestling Entertainment dont they? Well should the World's best be wrestling for them then? TNA has an open door policy. How come the biggest wrestling promotion in the world doesnt have one? It couldnt hurt.

Guest voodoo
how to improve smackdown is easy. first get rid of the untalented big guys like heidenreich who thus far has done nothing even slightly impressive. when you get rid of the likes of them use the cruiserweights more as they are perhaps the most genuinly entertaining people to watch on smackdown. give the likes of paul london more air time and bring in more of the talent to make smackdown a more credible show. they say every week that the only place you will find the cruiserweights is on smackdown but that is rubbish because we only ever see a few every now and again. they are wasted because people think that the bigger the guy the better he is at making a good match which just sucks really.

Guest ravenrulz
i agree they should join both shows back together but to make SD better they need some nail biting storylines and some decent wrestlers like christian, he a good heel, has really funny moments and can wrestle with the best of em.

Guest RKODESTINY
Smackdown would be better if they shook things up a bit..I mean they never really have anything new or different.And their superstarts are mainly so boring..They just need to completely join the shows but make them even in air time.

Guest Captain Caveman
The Undertaker should retire, what is entertaining about his dull, slow, squash matches every ppv? ''Oh look its the Phenom, the future hall of famer, the old unfit man who dresses like a biker but pretends to be a wrestler that was great ten years ago!''

Guest Gladiator

1. Focus on crusierweights like tna

2. Ditch JBL

3. Bring in a hardcore style division

4. focus on more wresling

5. Fire long and hire someone fresh but with good wrestling expierience

6. Bring over raw talent, aka HBK, Benjamin, Randy Orton

7.push when fit RVD and Booker t

Guest Anime Otaku
Gladiator has great ideas apart from JBL who i find entertaining still but could perhaps do with being in smaller doses and the Hardcore division would take heat away from the big match types and alot of the use of international objects would also become less of a big deal, also Steph and HHH need to have their power backstage taken away, Steph would be good as a GM again though, and Heyman should be made a booker again, preferably overall head booker

Guest malaphesto
smack down copies raw alot if the Bashams become Tag champs it will be the same thing that raw did with evolution last year