Open Club  ·  12 members  ·  Free

Final Fantasy

The Final Fantasy VIII Family tree

The Icon

The Final Fantasy VIII family Tree.

To be read by FF fans and geeks only.

Pay attention this gets complicated

President Caraway & Raine

These two are Rinoa’s parents. Caraway & Raine had an affair before She knew Laguna & after Caraways wife passed away. Raine is also the Mother of Ellone & the Stepmother of Squall

Laguna & Raine.

Laguna & Raine married (or at the very least were lovers.)

These Two are parents of Squall, Seifer & Ellone. Raine is also Mother to Rinoa.

Raine is mother to Rinoa & Ellone & therefore they are half Sisters. Laguna is father to Squall & therefore both Rinoa & Ellone are half Sisters to Squall. Laguna & Raine also adopted Seifer form the same orphanage that they later sent him, Squall & Ellone to. Therefore while Seifer is not a blood relation of any of the above he is never the less also Laguna & Raine’s child via adoption. That also means he is brother to Squall & Rinoa & Ellone are his sisters. They are brothers & sisters by name only though as neither parent are Seifer’s birth parents.

Cid & Edea.

Edea is Laguna’s Sister. Cid is Raine’s older brother.

Therefore Cid & Edea are Auntie & Uncle to Squall, Rinoa & Ellone.

Cid & Edea also have a Daughter & a Son. The Daughter’s name is Xu. The son’s is still shrouded in mystery.

Martine (Owner of Galbadia garden) & Cid

These Two are Brother’s. Therefore Cid, Martine & Raine are all Brothers & Sisters. Also this means Martine is Squall, Ellone & Rinoa’s Uncle.

So to sum it up Laguna, Raine, Caraway, Rinoa, Squall, Ellone, Seifer, Cid, Edea, Martine & Xu are all related through Blood & Marriage (& Adoption in Seifer’s case)

I will now prove in a few days after you have had time for all this to sink in just how I know / suspect all of this.

BTW as far as I yet know Selphie, Quistis, Irvine & Zell are not related to any of the above or each other.

Before I forget though I should mention that Rinoa is also Ultemicia.

On a side note this also means that Squall is in love with his half Sister Rinoa!

Guest Feenix

I'm a geek and an absoutley massive FF fan, and I don't care.

Final Fantasy VIII is the best game ever in my opinion, with such an interesting and involved story, but reading that much into it is pointless. I suppose some people might find it interesting, but for me I just take the characters as they are, I don't care about their lineage.

Guest MojoPogo
Hey, i applaud it! Im always interested in what happens "after the end" with rpgs so to speak, and to flesh out the scenario if im particularly interested in it. Although i didnt like 8 the game as such, i appreciated the work that went into the characters so i found that interesting. Thumbs up dude!

Guest MrFill

Explain this to me in RPGs - if you're out trying to save the world, how come nobody goes out of their way to help you, for example giving you free food/lodgings etc.

It's always bugged me how unhelpful the people you're trying to save are - makes you think are they WORTH saving.

Guest Colin
Because it's a video game and you really shouldn't try and relate it to real life until the AWFUL Uwe Boll movie version of this film comes out, but you'll never see that anyway because of all the bad reviews it got?

Guest MojoPogo
Explain this to me in RPGs - if you're out trying to save the world, how come nobody goes out of their way to help you, for example giving you free food/lodgings etc.

It's always bugged me how unhelpful the people you're trying to save are - makes you think are they WORTH saving.

Admittedly, they turn a blind eye when you rob them, smash pots, bash chickens however, so surely that makes up for it? Well, the chicken part at least! (see Zelda a link to the past).:P

Guest Colin
My bigger concern is the amount of people who allow a group of odd looking strangers just to barge into their house without question it in the hopes of stealing their POTIONS! Then they're perfectly friendly after you steal the LIFE ELIXER from their piano basin.

Guest Colin
In FF VIII the very game I am discussing' date=' there is a scene where you steal something (forget what) from an old man's closet. He remarks that you have stooped to stealing an old mans things.[/quote']

You stooped in an old mans stuff?

In FF VIII the very game I am discussing' date=' there is a scene where you steal something (forget what) from an old man's closet. He remarks that you have stooped to stealing an old mans things.[/quote']

I believe that's when you're in a train station place. You look into the back of a closet several times and eventually find some Gil. The old man protests as you said.

I think it happens in the first mission, in a town called Timber or something like that.

• 3 months later...