Fan Clubs (beta)

What's the scariest movie of all time?

Guest Chuckyy

Guest Chuckyy

Which movie just really gives you the heebie jeebies? I've seen Ringu/The Ring hundreds of times but it always stays with me for a couple of days after I watch it. I remember the first time I watched it when it was first released and got to the part where Samara crawls out of the TV. I'd never felt that like while watching a movie before. When I watched Ringu, it was the part where the newscast is on TV and starts stuttering and pauses with the news anchor's face all distorted. They don't scare me in that way anymore, but I still prefer to watch them with the lights on.

Some runners up would be Jeepers Creepers, The Last Broadcast (the original Blair Witch Project. I highly recommend it if you've never heard of /seen it), House of 1000 Corpses and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Guest Eversleigh
The old monsters are still the scariest, probably because I saw them as a young lad. Freddy Krueger and Michael Myers are the stuff of nightmares.

I'm a big baby when it comes to horror flicks. They all freak me out for ages afterwards. It's pathetic really. I only see them accidentally. Someone else will be watching the film and I just can't look away. I get trapped in it. Sometimes I wind up at the cinema to see a horror flick with a friend who didn't want to go alone.

@Chuckyy I tried watching the The Blair Witch Project but the shaky camera made me a bit sick to my stomach so I had to stop. I didn't expect Jeepers Creepers to be that scary but it absolutely was! I didn't like the second film though.

Guest FlyyGurl
I don't think horror movies are that scary but I had nightmares after watching Paranormal Activity. That ghost stuff is creepy. I don't know if I believe in ghosts but for some reason after watching that movie I thought some ghost is going to pull the blankets off of me and drag me off my bed.

Guest Chuckyy
I completely forgot about Wrong Turn! Man, that movie gave me the serious creeps the first time I watched it. Unfortunately, the sequels majorly sucked, but I find that's usually the case. @Gareth The Great I'm happy you enjoyed the movie and experienced how unsettling and creepy Asian horror can be.

Guest Eversleigh
The ones that have stuck with me have been based off of true stories. There are some sick people out there. It creeps out to think I likely encounter people who are capable of the same sadistic violence.

• 4 weeks later...
The ones that have stuck with me have been based off of true stories. There are some sick people out there. It creeps out to think I likely encounter people who are capable of the same sadistic violence.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre anyone?

I was watching a movie a few weeks ago that was set in England (I think). It was about a guy who lived an hour away from the nearest town and he kept women as his wife/sex slave/farm worker. Different women at different times I believe. All this happened back in th '80's I believe. He used a lot of phsycological "warfare" on them as well as physical violence. This is the type of "horror" that is the scariest for me to watch.

• 4 weeks later...