Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  16 members  ·  Free

PlayStation

PSP (Platystation Portable) release?

Guest Kanenite

Guest Kanenite
I'm sure you are all aware that there is a new creation the PSP which is a hand-held playstation 2. I was just wondering when the date is for the release of the console, any help?

Guest Clarkey
Sorry I noticed this thread earlier but thought it was just about the console. Anyways dates are all over the place because at the moment a fixed date isn't confirmed. But the date doing the rounds at the mo is 29th April.

actually i believe it's coming out at the end of this month.i'm not to sure cause i lost interest in getting it when i found out there selling it for 250$ cause of that dam bundle pack.

Guest Clarkey
Depends where you read. I've also heard 25th March, but the latest talks is that it is being put back to build up demand and to ensure its not out directly with DS, thus the talk of 29th April. Edited by Clarkey

Guest voice of reason
March 25th is the US release. There is some speculation that that will be a simulataneous Euro/US launch, but that isn't going to happen. If that were true it would have been confirmed along with a price a long while ago, and anyway, there simply aren't enough units for that. Back end of April, or possibly the first Friday in May seems more likely.

Guest Anime Otaku
Metal gear Solid:Acid, a port of GT4 and a version of GTA 3 are confirmed so far i think as the main ones but there was quite a strong line up of games announced in japan on relese day but i don't remember them all

Guest voice of reason
It will be by the end of the year. Word is it'll be wifi multiplayer, too. Which'll be ace.

Guest Anime Otaku
using wifi supposedly really hurts the battery, thugh if i remember right it's a mobile phone type battery that you plug the PSP into the wall to recharge rather than having to change the batteries every 10 hrs (for games, using head phones set at half volume. anything else decreases battery life further)

couple other games i know off the top of my head.

spiderman 2

need for speed underground-rivals.

but the major one is the final fantasy 7 dvd that will come out on it.

Guest voice of reason
There is still no euro announcement, despite statements to the contrary. It launches in the US in ten days, and it'll come out over here when there's enough units to feed demand. There was a press release recently to say that the euro date has gone from "May at the latest" to "May at the earliest", But I reckon you're probably looking at June/July. Hopefully the price might be slightly lower to make up for the wait.