Have you?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Have you?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the_orton_mark

Yeh, I got it at 9am on sat morn, that's when tesco opened, lol.

I have to say that the 2nd quarter of the book is very hard to read, and seems to be very poor, written like a fanfiction from a stupid 13 year old who wnats to be Harry potter. it seems like thing like SPEW and sirius' death have been dropped all together, apart from occassional mentions. Am I the only one who feels like this?

Guest Drake

Ok guys, im gonna put the spoiler tag and all, cause someone said this to me, and since I havent got the book. I dont know if its true.

If you dont to be possibly spoiled ,dont read the spoiler.

Is it true that Snape kills Dumbledore ???

Guest the_orton_mark
Ok guys, im gonna put the spoiler tag and all, cause someone said this to me, and since I havent got the book. I dont know if its true.

If you dont to be possibly spoiled ,dont read the spoiler.

Is it true that Snape kills Dumbledore ???

I just got to that part. yes he does... I marked out...

Edited by the_orton_mark

I shan't be getting the book. I have read the non-fanboy reviews that have claimed it flabby, badly edited and too wordy. Which for a supposed childrens novel is a big crime. Also Potter for me has always seemed a huge collection of other peoples ideas placed in a slightly different context. Things like Tolken, Enid Blyton and other influences put together with hardly an original thought....

I hate Harry Potter, the franchisation that it has become and enbodied and also the fact that everybody seems to think its great because it is now a big trend and a brand to have and to be cool by liking....

I'm with Y2James..... Potter sucks, big time.

Here here.

The adults that read it annoy me, grown men reading a kids book about an orphan wizard boy- GROW UP.

Guest ahsatan
I agree with NJC, Evil Gringo and Y2James, so I too will not be buying this particular piece of literature. I've not read any of them, but I've always thought they were for kids?!

Guest The Beltster
Kids books I always though, never been at all interested. Although if I was, I wouldnt go out and buy it, I have seen it available to download on about 10 sites today.

Guest the_orton_mark

Tis convineint for the movies huh?

not really, they still have 2 ( 3 if you include the fourth movie) to do before her dies... Imposter Dumbledore fest

Guest Drake

not really' date=' they still have 2 ( 3 if you include the fourth movie) to do before her dies... Imposter Dumbledore fest

[/quote']

So how exactly does he kill him and why ?

Guest Jimmy Redman

I'll be getting it eventually. I've read all the others. The new ones havent been near as good as teh old ones.

I used to be quite the Harry Potter..um..mark. In year 5, I read the books in Maths. Seriously. And nobody cared.

Guest Popsi

Im with some of the others about HArry Potter and adults being waaaay too overexcited about its release - its a kids book!

But anyway, main reason i cant stand it is that it blatently rips off a book by Anthony horowitz called Groosham Grange. Find it if you can, its a about a young boy who finds out that hes secretly a wizard and gets taken to a school with weird teachers. Oh yes and hes got a boy and girl friend.

Sound familiar? Well that book came out, gosh well i was still in primary school so must be at least ten years ago, if not more. ITs a much better read in my opinion, its much more tongue in cheek and more gruesome as its title suggests.

I loved it as a kid, and now still think its way better than that boy Potter.

Guest Anime Otaku
I got the adult version of the new book, apart from a darker cover does anyone know what changes there are? perhaps less vivid violence.

For instance when Harry almost kills Draco

Find it if you can' date=' its a about a young boy who finds out that hes secretly a wizard and gets taken to a school with weird teachers. Oh yes and hes got a boy and girl friend.[/quote']

Bisexual Harry Potter! :eek

I got it saturday afternoon, didnt get to read much of it in saturday but I've almost finished it, I love the books, but yes I do agree that many points of the book do seem a lot like they were ripped from LOTR, Dementors for example are a dead rip off of the Ring Wraiths so on and so forth. When I finish reading it then it will be the next two weeks bedtime stories for the kids.

xXx

Guest Popsi
Bisexual Harry Potter! :eek

Yes Harry swings both ways! :devil

*Disclaimer - he doesnt really :)