Open Club  ·  20 members  ·  Free

Harry Potter

Harry Potter: The Halfblood Prince

Guest Miss T

Have you?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Have you?

Guest the_orton_mark

So how exactly does he kill him and why ?

Dumpydore and Harry are just coming back from a mission to get a horcrux, draco corners him but can't kill him (whcih was his mission) so when other death eaters start to get angry at draco snape shows up, avada kedavra's dumpydore, and runs off, turns out snape was the half blood prince too, but no more from me, read it yerself

and for Anime Otaku

the adult versions are just a different cover. In the normal version you do get graphic violence like the harry v draco incidence and Morfin calling Voldemort's mom a slut. I thought this book was annoying. They rushed the fact harry was growing up, they shuould've started that in book 4 at least, but just rush it in this one

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest charlie MFkin parker
hate to spoil the fun, but you do know that this book is written for kids in the 11-13 age bracket. seeng adults read harry potter in public shamelessly is just tragic

Guest Anime Otaku
Take it you haven't read any of the books then? IMO that may be true of the first 1 or 2 but they seem to me to get progressively more mature and darker in tone particularly the last 2 in line with the age of the readers.

actually i did read the first four books, when I was 11. They were quite good, but I stopped reading them because I just got sick of reading and theres just better stuff out there to read, not that i read, im just going by what my brother says

and the maturity of the books increasing shows that rowling is a poor writer, she is losing her way and forgetting her target audience

Guest Anime Otaku
I actually think it shows how good a writer she is that she is uping the maturity level as the people that read the first book when it came up will have grown up probably pretty much in line with the characters in the books unless like me they were late starters as i only got the first 4 just before the order of the pheonix came out. Edited by Anime Otaku

ah yes, i see your point. But the fact remains that the book in itself is very derrivitive, and i found them quite repetitive with the whole voldemort thing.

Guest Drake

The 1st book was

1.) Sorcerers Stone

2.) Chamber of Secrets

3.) Prisioner of Askaban

4.) ??

5.) The halfblood prince right ??

Guest MrFill
The 1st book was

1.) Sorcerers Stone

2.) Chamber of Secrets

3.) Prisioner of Askaban

4.) ??

5.) The halfblood prince right ??

1) Philosopher's Stone

2) Chamber of Secrets

3) Prisoner of Azkaban

4) Goblet of Fire

5) Order of the Phoenix

6) Halfblood Prince

The US title for book 1 is Sorcerer's Stone

I went out at midnight on Saturday, bought it the first minute it was available - cost about $5 less than normal too :)

Guest Drake
Nice, I read all the 1st 3 books and stop in the middle of the Goblet of Fire. So I have to start from 0 on the Goblet of Fire so I wont get lost reading Order of the Phoenix and the Halfblood Prince.

Guest Anime Otaku

no there have been 6 books so far

1) Harry potter and the Philosophers stone

2) " " and the Chamber of Secrets

3) " " And the Prisoner of Azkaban

4) " " and the Goblet of fire

5) " " and the Order of the Phoenix

6) " " and the Half Blood Prince

7) title unknown but it WILL be the final book in the series.

Guest Kakarot
hate to spoil the fun, but you do know that this book is written for kids in the 11-13 age bracket. seeng adults read harry potter in public shamelessly is just tragic

I wouldn't really read it in public, because it gives the impression that it's the limit to your literary delving, and you may as well ride a bandwagon while your doing it. But I love them. And I tend to carry a copy of Milton or Tolskoy with me to even it out a bit.

I haven't read it yet. And I swear, if someone tell me what happens, to hell with how pathetic it is that I care, Im ripping their throats right out.

Guest the_orton_mark
hate to spoil the fun' date=' but you do know that this book is written for kids in the 11-13 age bracket. seeng adults read harry potter in public shamelessly is just tragic[/quote']

You are completely wrong.

Harry potter 1 was released for 11 year olds, the character was meant to grow along with us, he would age as we would, and each book would be aimed at the age he would be in the book.

That was very unsuccessful untill this book, this is really the first one were puberty kicks in to any extent. Still no swearing though, that's unrealistic, but the other more adult aspecs were good, violence and behaviour for example.

I see what you all mean. I get comments like this all the time:

"You're not still into that are you?"

"It's for kids!"

"If an old storyline gets in the way it's forgotten about!"

But, for good or bad I still enjoy watching wrestling. Oh wait, this is the Harry Potter thread? Same difference... ;)

Guest the_orton_mark
I see what you all mean. I get comments like this all the time:

"You're not still into that are you?"

"It's for kids!"

"If an old storyline gets in the way it's forgotten about!"

But, for good or bad I still enjoy watching wrestling. Oh wait, this is the Harry Potter thread? Same difference... ;)

POST OF THE WEEK.... do they have that...

Im not sure if you knwo this but the third quote is also accurate in this book, as with sirius' death and SPEW

POST OF THE WEEK.... do they have that...

Im not sure if you knwo this but the third quote is also accurate in this book, as with sirius' death and SPEW

Sirius is mentioned in the book several times - how much plot time do you give a dead character?

SPEW is one of those things, like flying lessons in the first book, that you can either assume is going on even when Rowling doesn't write about it. Or you can assume that Hermione has matured somewhat and has realised that SPEW isn't so important what with Death Eaters and Voldemort to worry about.

Guest the_orton_mark
Sirius is mentioned in the book several times - how much plot time do you give a dead character?

SPEW is one of those things, like flying lessons in the first book, that you can either assume is going on even when Rowling doesn't write about it. Or you can assume that Hermione has matured somewhat and has realised that SPEW isn't so important what with Death Eaters and Voldemort to worry about.

No, my problem with sirius and SPEW, is that they are squeezed in, mentioned as ana fterthought.

And yes, I relise my fault now, there is virtually one line in the book that harry mourns the loss of sirius, but like I said, that is all made up for in the second half in the book.

No, my problem with sirius and SPEW, is that they are squeezed in, mentioned as ana fterthought.

And yes, I relise my fault now, there is virtually one line in the book that harry mourns the loss of sirius, but like I said, that is all made up for in the second half in the book.

STEADY! I've only just reached the half-way point. Tread VERY carefully...

Guest the_orton_mark
STEADY! I've only just reached the half-way point. Tread VERY carefully...

Lol, I know better than to post spoilers, I'm still feared of kakarot, lol

Finished reading this early hours this morning and I am disappointed, for a book of over 600 pages it has far too much babble, and seeing as it is the second to last book its gave hardly any detail on the Half Blood Prince, and that confused me as its the title of the book. I think its not a very good book basically, in all I think J.K. Rowling has lost her flare.

xXx

Guest the_orton_mark
Finished reading this early hours this morning and I am disappointed, for a book of over 600 pages it has far too much babble, and seeing as it is the second to last book its gave hardly any detail on the Half Blood Prince, and that confused me as its the title of the book. I think its not a very good book basically, in all I think J.K. Rowling has lost her flare.

xXx

I don't think she's lost her flare I think she's trying to make up for lost time, stuff she should've started in book three, and as such didn't have enough time to go inot the proper storyline.