Fan Clubs | beta

Best of the Rest 4: Marvel Heros

Paul

Vote for THE BEST. OK, THE BEST!!!!  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for THE BEST. OK, THE BEST!!!!

Eliminated:

Agent X

Ant Man

Captain Britain

Crystal

Howard the Duck!!!!

Scourge of the Underworld

She Hulk

Darkstar

Deadpool

Ghost Rider

Blade

Carol Danvers/Ms Marvel/Warbird

Frank Castle (The Punisher)

Guest The Doctor

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/6234/hulkdd5ad.jpg

So it comes down to Hulk vs Daredevil, eh? I've seen that before...

Daredevil's the better hero? He's a more goody-goody hero, if that's what you mean. Hulk is a hero in the way the X-Men are - saving a world that hates and fears him.

I'm just cutting it down to the bare bones of the greatness of the character, the concept.

Whilst Daredevil can indeed be done very well (and I advise you check out Daredevil Visionaries: Frank Miller for proof of this), he is more generic to me. Putting on tights and swinging from the rooftops to fight crime in New York - it's Spiderman! No, no - the guy who has no super strength, just highly trained abilities - it's Batman! No - the other one! :P

Daredevil's comic has been on the verge of cancellation many a time and the character has never made an impact outside of the small field of comic readers. Yes, there was a Daredevil film, but what sort of impact did that have on the public perception?

Hulk on the other hand has endured and sunken into the wider public's consciousness more than DD ever has, could or will. Hulk has had three cartoon series to this name - in 1966, 1982 and 1997. A highly popular and widely known live action TV series starring Bill Bixby (R.I.P. :cry) and Lou Ferrigno, a recent film, and so much merchandise even I only have a fraction of it! Masks, wind up toys, figures of his various incarnations and enemies, bubble baths, wash mitts, Top Trumps, candy bars, candy sticks (the little "cigarette" ones), Pez dispensers, lunch boxes, drink flasks, party plates, cups and tablecloths, Burger King toys, stretchable figures, figures with sound, Hulk Smash hands, inflatable Hulks, mouse mats, computer games across many platforms and years (including Ultimate Destruction - out now and ace!), radios, pencils, pencil cases... I could go on - and that's just me listing what I see as I look around my spare room! :P

Hulk is popular for a reason - he connects on a deep level with kids and adults alike. Let's be honest - a hero archetype such as DD is in theory a great role model - but most of us simply have a job keeping our temper in check from day to day. The Hulk represents our dark, repressed fury at the world - but he still saves this world that hunts him down with tanks and helicopters and guns and bombs. He was a founder member of The Avengers - there's heroic for you. A member of The Defenders. He's saved the world from everything from Toad Men to The Leader to Onslaught.

More than anyone Hulk fights against himself. Bruce Banner desperately wants to rid himself of the curse of being the Hulk, and yet has voluntary reversed a cure on several occasions because the world has needed the Hulk's strength to save it. Putting the world's needs before his own happiness and well being, knowing full well that the people of this world will hound him relentlessly and give him no peace as long as he lives. That is heroism, undeniably. And as an enduring character, an enduring hero who has become ingrained in popular culture so much that he's even been spoofed in The Simpsons, http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/8900/homerhulk2zr.png

Hulk gets my vote. :worship

Edited by The Doctor

Like Darkie, I went for DD.

He has much more "range" than the Hulk, and is capable of improving himself to get out of a situation, while Hulk is reliant on his strength (even though he's changed several times).

And to put the nail on the coffin:

The Hulk movie sucked ass, while DD had BEN~! in it. :D

Guest The Doctor
Hulk is reliant on his strength (even though he's changed several times).

Damn straight he's changed several times - if you read any Gray Hulk stories this "reliant on his strength" concept gets blown out the water. Clicky for knowledge.

The HULK is just a bigger, badder mo-fo who "smash" everything he sees. He may not an out-and-out superhero, but he is as good as one. The HULK is a legend and needs to win. I am with BB on this one, firmly cheering on the Green man.

Hulk smash Ben Affleck!

QFE (Quoted for Emphasis)

I went for the Hulk.Gotta love the green fellow.

DD has to go by the sounds and can see only better when it rains.

Sure he has super senses,but they seem kinda gay.

Instead you have Hulk, yeah go ahead piss the guy off you'll see what happens.:lol

So Hulk gets my vote.

Edited by Drake

Ha! In yer face' date=' Darkie! :body[/quote']

Just noticed the rep now,thanks :)

And just like Boyo would say, Cheers to Hulk winning :beerchug