Fan Clubs (beta)

The Super Bowl

Guest weberika

Guest weberika

Anyone here follow the NFL?

If so - you going to be watching the Super Bowl?

Any party plans?

Which team will you be supporting?

Etc, etc.

I'm rooting for the Steelers. Even though I'm a Jacksonville fan, I used to live in Pennsylvania. :xyx

Been some great games this season.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The B-Man
Good reason to get drunk me thinks not that I need much of a reason these days. Won't be routing for any team just would like to see a good game:)

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

When is the Superbowl?? (date I mean)

I saw my first Superbowl last year and can't get enough of it now, I have watched every Sunday night game this seaon on tv and all the playoff games too, can't wait to see who ever wins

I am not gonna routing for either team as my beloved Okland Raiders are not there :bawl :lol

5th February, a week on Sunday.

I'm like you, I watched the Superbowl last year, and after buying Madden 06 I got addicted. I only get to watch Sunday/Monday coverage on Five which is two games a week plus highlights of all the others, which means a lot of very late nights/early mornings.

I've been a fan of the NFL for some time, but really got into it big time over the last 2-3 years. Jets fan myself, but due to their lack of a playoff appearance i'll be showing some AFC Conference loyalty and cheering on the Steelers. I'll be watching the game on Sky, but i'm just more than a bit annoyed that i'm going to be on my own watching it. None of my mates watch it as enthusiasticly as i do, so i'll be on my own with a few beers in a house trying to be quiet as others will be sound asleep. Not happy about that. Unless anyone wants to share the Superbowl experience with me of course?

On a side note, a Superbowl Preview edition of The End Zone will be up Monday for those who regularly read it (Chris, Maddog).

On a side note' date=' a Superbowl Preview edition of The End Zone will be up Monday for those who regularly read it (Chris, Maddog).[/quote']

oi!

I shall be watching it, praying that Seattle don't win. If they do, my Dad, a die-hard Seahawks fan, will never let me hear the end of it.

Sorry, Inno as well. I do humbly apologise. Just to let you guys know, the XL Preview will be just that, containing season reviews for the conference championship losers, a weekbyweek season review for the two XL teams, a look at the stats of the two XL teams over the regular season and playoffs, and i'll be highlighting some of the key players in the big game.

Guest weberika
We'll be at home watching it on the big screen. I think we have at least one friend coming over but there's already 5 of us so it's not like we don't have enough for a small party. :)

Guest MADDOGCJM

Well, I must say that I want the Seahawks to win.

A few reasons are

1. I hate Big Ben. The hype is far too much. He is okay and all, but too hyped for me to like him, and a SB win would drive me crazy.

2. I like Shaun Alexander, the guy is great.

3. Jurevicious (sp) is playing real well, as well as the fact it would amuse me to say that he has been to as many SB's as the supposedly immortal Tom Brady. A win would make him equal with rings too.

I would like Steelers to win for Bettis and Cowher, but hey, I guess whatever happens I am a happy fella.

I dont think anyone can say that Big Ben is overhyped. After seeing how well he coped as the starter in his rookie season, then seeing how he has played this year even recovering from injury, it shows that Roethlisberger is going to be a star quarterback for years to come. He has surpassed every expectation, and is definitely worth the hype.

Guest MADDOGCJM

He is good Alan, I do not doubt that.

BUT....

Look at the team around him.

A fantastic line, a good stable of running nacks which provide a heck of a run game.

He also runs a very simple offence atm.

I think it is fair to say he is a great system player, but only a good qb.

Guest Danny Styles

well since my prediction to win (the panthers who i DON'T suuport by the way) are out i'm going to go with the Steelers...

the seahawks are on form but there isn't any stopping the steelers now... they kicked the Bengals AND Denver on the way to the final and made it look easy...

i'll probably flick between the two.. but sky sports ALWAYS has the NFL.. ITV just tries to get the glory by having one match :D disgusting

they kicked the Bengals AND Denver on the way to the final and made it look easy...

One of the big reasons for them making the Bengals exit look easy was that Carson Palmer was injured on the first pass play of the game! He didnt return and the Bengals struggled without him, as any team would without a starting QB. If Palmer had of been at full strength and played through the game, things would have been mighty different. The Steelers may still have won, but it would have been damn close.

Im not a fan of either team, I would have prefered tha Pats getting to the Bowl or the Raiders (Haa like thats ever going to happen. :(). But I would like the Steelers to win just so that Bettis could get his oh so deserving Super Bowl ring and retire with his head held up high.