Fan Clubs (beta)

The Super Bowl

Guest weberika

News just in! I wont be sitting indoors on my lonesome watching the game with a few beers, oh no. I'll now be watching the game at Cheers in london, a bar showing the game live on a couple of big screens and with more than a few beers :P

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FreeSpirit

The only time I ever watch American Football is the Superbowl, and seeing as one of my US friends is a Steelers fan, Im hoping they win.

LETS GO STEELERS!

Well i've decided to watch the Superbowl tonight.

Don't know any rules or anything but like Rugby i'm willing to give it a try.

I'm backing the Seahawks, mainly because you lot seem to be backing the Steelers.

The Detriot crowd seems to be vey pro Steelers too, so the seahawks need all the backing they can get.

Despite the fact that the Super Bowl usually pisses me right the f**k off (10 seconds of play, 2 minutes of ads, 30 seconds of the manager shouting, 20 seconds of what a certain player would look like were he a character in Toy Story), I'll probably watch :) I'm a glutton for punishment, and I am intrigued by who will win :)

Well what a fascinating game that was. I must admit I did revert back to "press the red button and watch the Rules Video" a few times but in the end I was getting into it.

I wasn't really rooting for any team because I hadn't heard of any of their players :P but it was fascinating, I'll say that. My main problem with it was the Steelers coach celebrating with 2 minutes to go - it lacked a little dignity.

Some great throws and catches though, and I thought Seattle were going to win it at first, they got off to a great start.

From now on, I will hopefully watch a few more games on Sky TV. I lived in Arizona and went to Arizona State in Tempe, and also watched some live College football, ASU vs Oregon (who were good that night...).

Who are the Arizona team? The Cardinals? I'll support them from now on, even though I hear they're rubbish.

Cheers!

Guest MADDOGCJM

The Cardinals are a promising team IMO.

Two good recievers, youngish D that will improve.

As for the Superbowl the Seahawks beat themselves. Too many penalties.

Also bad officiating.

But Steelers D came up big, it was the only unit that did on the day, so well done Steelers.

What a game! I had a great experience watching the game in Cheers, the atmosphere was superb and i will definitely be doing that again next year. The Seahawks essentially beat themselves, they were better than the Steelers in turnovers and yards, and they held the ball for longer. Myself and a lot of others in the bar were not sure that the Roethlisberger TD actually was on the line, but it counted and thats all that mattered. I was actively cheering on Pittsburgh, and it was great to see them win. The guy next to me had been a Steelers fan for 35 years, he had tears strolling down his cheeks, that was pure love for his team. A great experience and a great game.

And The End Zone should be up tomorrow, i aint had a chance to get much done today.

I almost was in tears when Bettis lifted the Lombardi trophy and announced his retirement. The rest of the last three minutes I spent running around my living room and jumping on the sofa. I nearly ran through a glass door at one point.

Moment of the game? The flea-flicker reverse to Randle-El and a 45 yard perfect pass to a wide open Hines Ward to make it 21-10. I got down on my knees and started worshipping the TV after that one.

The bar where the sitcom was held?

No, its a "authentic" replica in London of the bar in Boston. I say authentic, load of foreigners behind the bar. Although a lot of Americans were actively drinking and cheering in the actual bar.

And yes Inno, the Stones were absolutely awful.

Guest Ashlynne

The Steeler were good in the second half. the first half was boring.

I wanted the Steelers to win all the way. I was talking to Chris2k on msn throughout the second half.

I had a feeling Bettis would retire. Im going to miss Bettis (the Bus)

Guest MADDOGCJM
I almost was in tears when Bettis lifted the Lombardi trophy and announced his retirement. The rest of the last three minutes I spent running around my living room and jumping on the sofa. I nearly ran through a glass door at one point.

Moment of the game? The flea-flicker reverse to Randle-El and a 45 yard perfect pass to a wide open Hines Ward to make it 21-10. I got down on my knees and started worshipping the TV after that one.

Al of the above is so true.

I even shed a couple of tears tbh when they got Bettis up there.

Ben wasn't in the Endzone. You could tell by his reacation that he didn't think he had it.

I will be honest and say that I thought the game was poor by comparison to most I have seen, too many mistakes from QB's and too many poor calls.

Why do I always sound negative?

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Well The Steelers did it and what a game too, only thing that would have made it better.... if The Raiders had been in there :P

Oh and to a post earlier... Yes the Stone's were awful!!!

Guest Steve O
The best play all of the game was 75 yard run by a steelers player( his name escapes me) I also loved that block which where the touchdown should not have counted its a shame to see the Bus make its final stop but it was a perfect ending being in Detriot and all.