Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  2 members  ·  Free

The Book Club

Last book you bought

Guest Inno

Guest Inno

Well, peeps - what was it?

My last book was "Broken Harts: The life & death of Owen Hart" by Martha Hart.

I'm kinda "meh" on the whole thing. Obviously it's biased towards her view, being her book and all, but she makes out that she and Owen were saints, and that everyone else was THE SOURCE OF ALL EVIL~~~!

The Hart family come in for serious levels of slagging, yet Vince is strangely accussed of all sorts by her, but then seemingly excused, then harangued again. Strange woman. Very hard reading in places, especially the chapter regarding Owen's death itself.

Guest Anime Otaku
I got Starship Troopers but I didn't get to the door in time to get it off the postman so it's in the post office still. :(

Guest Hemme

Derek Acorah's Ghost Towns.

Only £3.73 in ASDA, so I bought a copy, meh it's alright, but nothing special.

Guest MrFill
The last Harry Potter' date=' when is the next one out?![/quote']

The rumoured date is for mid-2007.

That is only a rumour as JK is still writing it.

Guest Kanenite
Kane's Journey Into Darkness when I went to his autograph signing :) I thought it was an autobiography at first but was surprised with the story of his life but it's still an alright book which i'm sure will pick up later.

Guest Root
Well, peeps - what was it?

My last book was "Broken Harts: The life & death of Owen Hart" by Martha Hart.

I'm kinda "meh" on the whole thing. Obviously it's biased towards her view, being her book and all, but she makes out that she and Owen were saints, and that everyone else was THE SOURCE OF ALL EVIL~~~!

The Hart family come in for serious levels of slagging, yet Vince is strangely accussed of all sorts by her, but then seemingly excused, then harangued again. Strange woman. Very hard reading in places, especially the chapter regarding Owen's death itself.

I agree. It's a very strange book, and ultimately I gave up reading it. Reading Martha slating everybody and making herself and Owen out to be such perfect people just got tedious. I finally jacked it in around the section where Bret first met her after Owen's death, and the first thing on their mind was "neglegance - sue". Or at least that's how it came across.

The last book I got was 'If You Could See Me Now' by Cecelia Ahern. It's a good read. A very unconventional love story, more about people learning to love than the actual act of falling in love. The story is interesting, but doesn't quite have the same emotional pay off as Cecelia's first book, 'PS, I Love You'. Still, a worthwhile read.

Guest Alan
My last purchase book-wise was The Pythons Autobiography by The Pythons, which as the title suggests is the autobiography of the members of the classic Monty Python. Its funny as you would expect from these guys and they even managed to get the late Graham Chapman involved. Well, it's stuff taken from peices he wrote before he passed on, and stuff taken from his family and partner David Sherlock. I am loving every page, extremely interesting and very funny. Plus it has some great photos and pictures from Terry G.

Guest Christof

Got myself the latest Billingham paperack - Lifeless last week in Tesco for a bargain £3.73!

Also pre ordered the next Jasper Fforde paperback, due out late June from Amazon for £3.99. A couple of weeks ago I found a second hand charity book store in Bishops Stortford so stocked up on a few more books for the commute.

Guest Snakeman
Sharon Osbourne's biography £3.73 from Asda,steel i thought maybe i'll get round to reading it one day.

I'm not a big book reader, and the books I do read only tend to be wrestling related. However, I'm going away for a couple of weeks and wouldn't mind taking some good non wrestling books away with me, anyone got any ood suggestions. I like fiction type books, kind of like The Lord of the Rings books.

Any help would be great?