Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Nintendo

N64

Guest Daredevil

Guest Daredevil

Hi I just got the N64 back yesterday and I think its still awesome. I been playing WWF No Mercy again and its still the best wrestling game ever so I what to know what yous guys think of the N64 and whats your favorite N64 game mines are:

WWF No Mercy(as mentioned)

Goldeneye

Zelda and the Ocarina of time

Mario Kart 64

WWF Wrestlemania 2000

Star Wars SOTE

Your comments please.

Edited by Daredevil

I loved Zelda and the Ocarina of time, though I wasnt given much of a chance to play it.

Enjoyed 1080 too-again, although my (then) 2 year old son would beat me...That really is how lame I am at games, be warned.

What I liked most about the N64 was that, having a young child, the cartridges were a lot better to have around as they didnt sctratch and were much harder to destroy.

Guest MrFill

Having had a PS1 around a 6 year old, fingerprints on CDs are expected, so the N64 was nice to have decent looking games which don't need wiping off every day.

The only problem was that the controller confuses most people, but once you're used to it, it's brilliant.

Guest Daredevil
The only problem was that the controller confuses most people' date=' but once you're used to it, it's brilliant.[/quote']

Yeah it is quite hard the controller to handle but when your used to it your forget it was hard thats what I was like when I had N64 back in 96 and then I was rideing away on it.

Guest MojoPogo
Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, 1080 Snowboarding, all freakin awesome. I also really liked Lylat Wars, though it wasnt everyones cup of tea. No Mercy did rock as well though.....and what about Mario 64?

Guest Moobs
N64 is the greatest console ever, I love it! Zelda series rocked, I still havent completed the second one though, after years of trying.

Guest Daredevil
Perfect Dark' date=' Banjo Kazooie, 1080 Snowboarding, all freakin awesome. I also really liked Lylat Wars, though it wasnt everyones cup of tea. No Mercy did rock as well though.....and what about Mario 64?[/quote']

Good choices my friend those are great games. I forgot about Super Mario 64 that was awesome so was Lylat Wars my brother loved that game and so does Perfect Dark thats good.

Guest MojoPogo
Oh, and what about Blast Corps? Legendary game, both for its sheer originality, and its tooth grinding, ball busting difficulty!

Guest MojoPogo

Its like this. You got a nuclear missile, that you need to get from one point on a map, to another. sounds simple? Yeah, right. You've got to BLAST a pathway through debris, traffic and other obstacles to get there, knowing the tiniest mistake and BOOM......whatever part of the world you're in is a quiet neighbourhood for about 5000 years!

Theres a wee bit more too it, but thats the gist of it. Its ace. Check it out if you can.

Guest nachomuncher
N64 is the greatest console ever' date=' I love it![/quote']

:kane :worship I can`t agree with you more about the console abut the games for me have to be WWF No mercy and wrestlemania 2000:kane

Guest Daredevil
Thanks for the active Antihero I will check it out:xyx. El Moobio is right it is one of the best consoles ever.

Guest Howie

Definitely the best console! They don't make 'em like they used to.

So many great games - my favourite Super Mario 64 (absolute classic), Goldeneye, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, No Mercy, Mario Party. Some fantastic single player and multiplayer games, and the controller is great too. Long live the N64!

Aside from FFVII, WCW Revenge is the only game I played for literally hours on end. I actually played it for 14 hours once, I was ready to stop after 6 but a friend called over, then another, and so we ended up playing for another 8 hours. Ahh, good times. Goldeneye was good, but Perfect Dark was WAAAAAAAY over rated. Did you ever read the N64 magazine. It was akin to a fascist propaganda pamphlet.

I downloaded Project 64 and 1964 emulators and have every N64 game available, even Banjo Tooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day. It's great to be able to play all those games on my pc.

Little bit of useless trivia, there was more computer hardware in an N64 than was in the Apollo 11 rocket and LMB that landed man on the moon, strange but true.

My fave games for N64 though are:

Diddy Kong Racing

Blast Corps

Jet Force Gemini

Ocarina of Time

Majora's Mask

Mario 64

Goldeneye

Turok

Snowboard Kids 1&2

Perfect Dark

Banjo Kazooie and Tooie

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Donkey Kong Country

I still get a lot of fun outta those games.