Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  16 members  ·  Free

PlayStation

PS3 owners

Guest The Beltster

Guest The Beltster

Havent heard much from anybody here who has bought one, so come on, speak up. Whats it like, good points, bad points, any problems, games etc?

Tell all for those of us who dont have one.

I just had to take mine back coz the pad would not sink up to the console.They gave me a new one which is ok seped that I now have to set up a new online account and that means I loose all my downloaded games.That's £15 lost coz of there s**t network.:evil

Other then that I do love motorstorm.;)

Guest Marshall Mac D
Been on my mates and he has the hd tv well the graphics doesnt phase me as it just looks like my 360 truth fully id say if ps3 would of kept there exlusives like gta and devil may cry and wwe sd vs raw i woud've bought one when it was cheap but nah my 360 brilliant online game play same games same graphics and now mostly same great games but no way worth the price sorry nope.

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
Your 96 and called Bigdick johnson I think you suck ;) anyways I played the ps3 for the first time round at my mates house. I played Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter 5 although I thought they where good, it wasnt as if I was more impressed than the 360 or anything...

I saw one in action when I was in HMV the other day (Virtua Fighter 5), and it looked stunning. But the console is huge, especially compared to the diddy PS2 (second edition) console.

A good point for it is that the noise is barely noticeable on it where as the 360 has a tractor engine in it...although thats just a some flaw for me...

A good point for it is that the noise is barely noticeable on it where as the 360 has a tractor engine in it...although thats just a some flaw for me...

Very good point there fella.

The 360 is extremly loud and can be a bit annoying at times.

Guest Clarkey

One thing I do worry about is that the 360 version of Splinter Cell: Double Agent is superior to the PS3 version. I know this is one title, but it indicates one of a few things. Either Ubisoft are lazy and produced a dodgy port of the 360 version (they have form for this, with their half arsed port of Far Cry for the Wii); MS had Ubi on side as they have the next SC title exlcusive to the 360 meaning this produced lesser results from Ubi on the PS3 version; OR the 360 is as equally matched bar the space Blu Ray Discs offer, and in some cases provides better tools for develops to reap the fruits more. Talk of the tough development for the PS3 because of it's multiple cores has been the talk for an age now, but this one title could be the first of many to prove it to be the case resulting in developers producing superior versions for the easier to develop 360.

I am mainly scaremongering, and regergatating alot of hear say that is unfounded at the moment. But the fact does remain that SC has a superior 360 version, and the likes of Fight Night which have had a longer development run on the PS3 haven't shown themselves to be anything above what the 360 offers. I appreciate we have to give the PS3 time, but people have to remember by that time we do see developers getting to grips with the PS3 hardware, the 360 will have been baring its fruit for at least a year with developers getting the best out of this also. And if the 360 is that much easier to develop for, it will make it that much more alluring for the definitive versions of titles with how expensive it is to develop in this generation.

Guest Al Stevens

But the good thing about that is when your in a dark room and your trying to find your bed you can use the sound of the 360 to tell you roughly your bed is (for example the more distance away from the machine the less close to bed and more noise means closer to bed ect)*

*I would like to point out this only works if you have your 360 near your bed and if not you may hurt yourself more

Another point in favour of X-box 360 is that MSN Messenger has been confirmed to be coming out on it next month which I'm sure alot of people will be glad to hear...

Guest MojoPogo
I've just found that playing a PS3 on my non hidef LCD tv gives a really blurry picture, yet my xbox 360 is absolutely fine......curiouser and curiouser.

Not really as I guess it would be very annoying.

Why would it be annoying to have a good program like MSN on your 360??

Guest The Phenom Billz
Possible with all the popups you get. When people 'PM' you it makes that annoying noise so most probably that other then that then it would be a useful program.