Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Nintendo

Nintendo "winning" the console war

Guest Tio

Guest Marshall Mac D
Yeah but don't forget when the ps2 came out it had problems with len's and quite alot of them hat to be sent back for new one's. and it turned out good mainly because people were fan's of it like there is fans of the 360. fault's aint gonna stop them and microsoft will fix those error's when the next batch come's any way if you want the best online play then you go for the xbox live.

I find the ps3 nothing great yeah it has blue ray but do you really need all that disk space for a game. microsoft have been wise to stick with Dual layer

dvd what give's you good amount of disk space and its cheaper.

i find the graphic's just same since i had both 360 and ps3 on hdtv just the same graphic's and i am getting all my favourite game's i wanted on the 360 so i sent my ps3 back and got a wii instead because if i have lot people around then we can have fun on the wii as it is made for a larger group of people . the 360 does a brilliant job for less money i just think the ps3 is overrated.

There's something right there. Developers have said it's a rough learning curve to make games for the PS3, and I don't think we're even at the tip of the ice berg yet.

As fo graphics, the PS3 is better. I see a clear step-up from Project Gotham Racing 3 to Formula One Championship Edition, and Gears of War to Resistance: Fall Of Man. The PS3 is the more powerful machine, and starting with Gran Turismo 5, will be able to consistently show that. Just like with current gen and the XBOX, the PS3 will have the prettier, smoother running games.

But the real deciding factor in this battle has been Microsoft dropping the ball. In order to get a package to match the PS3, you're paying $729 (ELITE plus HD-DVD drive). I believe they're releasing a Blu-Ray drive later this year as it's appearent the media is getting behind Blu-Ray, so that'll be even more.

This is announced at the same time as Sony announcers a $100 price drop on the PS3. So when it comes down to it now, if you want the best from either company, you're actually paying more for the XBOX.

Also, I think the XBOX would've easily shipped more units if it had Halo as a launch title.

Guest Clarkey

It depends which way you look at it. It's pretty clear from your posts in the past, and that post above that could have come from a PR man; that your allegiance is with Sony (why people insist in having them is beyond me, it's a consumers market so go where the games are). Microsoft are offering the likes of HD-DVD drive, the rumoured Blu-Ray drive, the Elite with bigger hard drive etc as alternatives and extras for the consumer if they wish to purchase them; but they are not essential to the package so were not included from the get go. Sony saw them as essential so did include them. Different strokes for different folks. The key thing is that it offers the consumer options. Why debate about the price of them, it's a godsend that they are there.

The PS3 eventually could have better graphics than the 360 (it is not as clear cut as you are making out); but when have great graphics been the be all and end all? Games like God of War 2 and Okami illustrate that the move to the next shiny world of graphics is ditching generations before they have been milked for all they are worth, which is such a shame. Again I repeat, go where the games are. Take yourself for example, a Gran Turismo nut so you are headed the PS3 way. Why sit and dictate to people about why the PS3 is such and such, reeling off features (I know others have too); it is all pointless. So before this moves into eventual fanboy warfare, can we consider before we start reeling off such PR drivel, that the industry is about the GAMES.

It depends which way you look at it. It's pretty clear from your posts in the past, and that post above that could have come from a PR man; that your allegiance is with Sony (why people insist in having them is beyond me, it's a consumers market so go where the games are). Microsoft are offering the likes of HD-DVD drive, the rumoured Blu-Ray drive, the Elite with bigger hard drive etc as alternatives and extras for the consumer if they wish to purchase them; but they are not essential to the package so were not included from the get go. Sony saw them as essential so did include them. Different strokes for different folks. The key thing is that it offers the consumer options. Why debate about the price of them, it's a godsend that they are there.

The PS3 eventually could have better graphics than the 360 (it is not as clear cut as you are making out); but when have great graphics been the be all and end all? Games like God of War 2 and Okami illustrate that the move to the next shiny world of graphics is ditching generations before they have been milked for all they are worth, which is such a shame. Again I repeat, go where the games are. Take yourself for example, a Gran Turismo nut so you are headed the PS3 way. Why sit and dictate to people about why the PS3 is such and such, reeling off features (I know others have too); it is all pointless. So before this moves into eventual fanboy warfare, can we consider before we start reeling off such PR drivel, that the industry is about the GAMES.

I'm not trying to "sit and dictate" just trying to break down the situation I see it. Whatever may have caused it, I don't think Microsoft did much at all with their headstart, and have fallen into an equipment middle ground (not as innovative as the Wii, not as much of a powerhouse as the PS3), and the two ends of the spectrums have much larger fan bases.

And yes, I go where the games are, and above anything, I need a race sim. Nintendo doesn't have any, and while I think Rallisport (and it's sequel) are down right magical, Forza didn't do much for me. Just as now I think Forza 2 is great fun.

And I agree with Jack. None of my friends see the Wii as a competitor to the 360 or the PS3, instead, they all want one as well as one of the others, so the Wii should be indefinitley successful. I don't think it will run stale at all. I mean, people still play N64's and absolutely love the multiplayer there, and the Wii builds on that.

Guest Marshall Mac D
For me i would only choose a console if it had the right game's for me like say if the game's i liked went to be ps3 exclusive's i would buy a ps3 but the 360 is getting most of the ps3 exclusive's now like devil may cry and gta 4 as for the graphic's i really don't find much difference except the lighting for the 360is better. if microsoft do bring out a blue ray drive then its a smart idea if say blue ray do win the battle between them and hd dvd or dual layer dvd then they have something to fall on. But really it's mainly the game's what is the factor that's why i find the wii 3rd choice because it doesn't have the game's what appeal me.