Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

Guest The Great Ahmar
interesting that ROH are acknowledging PACs match at Caged Rage as his debut, when he has already wrestled 2 matches in ROH

PAC will be back in ROH? Good lord ROH in July and August sounds fantastic!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he hasnt. He was NEVER fired or let go from WWF/WWE, including in 1993. You are wrong.

He left in 1992, Vince asked him to come back for WMIX, he did. He won the title and then left, working in Japan while still WWF champion and never working a single match for Vince.

He told Vince he was fed up with wrestling and had an offer to make a TV series, so Vince asked him to put over Bret Hart at SummerSlam 93. Hogan said he didnt want to put over Bret and he also didnt want to hang around until SummerSlam, and instead offered to put over Yokozuna at King of the Ring and then finish up his contractual obligations on the UK tour, which he did.

He then left.

He was NEVER fired by Vince, never has been. He has left on his own terms/walked out every single time.

He says in his book Vince fired him in and I think it said the 1993 leaving. That is a good enough source for me.

Guest The Beltster
He says in his book Vince fired him in and I think it said the 1993 leaving. That is a good enough source for me.
Well I'm telling you otherwise, and you best remember you stated that his book is a good enough source for you next time you slate him for saying he slammed a 900lbs Andre at WM3 in front of 2 million people.

If his book is a good enough source for you on one factual error, it has to be good enough for you on all of them.

And just one more time so its 100% clear: Hogan has NEVER been fired or let go by Vince. Ever. Including 1993.

it makes me laugh that in the most interesting gimmick thread you have a go at dpddave for saying something negative about Cena unrelated to the thread, but here you are saying something negative about TNA when it's totally unrelated to the point being made

Erm.. no it isn't.

Firstly, talking about Cena... talking about Cena being practically untouchable to the point that if he were ever fired, TNA would throw the world to employ him... so now TNA is a talking point segued smoothly, and I throw in a side opinion on that.

Secondly, READ THE THREAD TITLE!!!

Nice try, hotshot, but you failed.

Guest dpddave
it makes me laugh that in the most interesting gimmick thread you have a go at dpddave for saying something negative about Cena unrelated to the thread, but here you are saying something negative about TNA when it's totally unrelated to the point being made

It's alright cause i've heard mitch say he only defend's Cena so much to pis* off the people that don't like him.

Guest Danny Styles
Erm.. no it isn't.

Firstly, talking about Cena... talking about Cena being practically untouchable to the point that if he were ever fired, TNA would throw the world to employ him... so now TNA is a talking point segued smoothly, and I throw in a side opinion on that.

Secondly, READ THE THREAD TITLE!!!

Nice try, hotshot, but you failed.

firstly i was talking about that 'TNA wouldn't be around by then' remark, which wasn't relevant to that point, and the remark you made wasn't related to anything, you did it just to piss people off- it wasn't even a comment, it was an attempt at a sly remark- just as bad as dpddaves

Guest DarkMatchJobber
It'd be great if TNA were serious competiton but if they continue hiring the overpaid,the past their prime and the wwe rejects in wrestling they'll never lose the third rate tag.

Guest The Great Ahmar

I'd Love Kevin Nash to quit Wrestling and become a Sitcom star. The guy is one hell of a actor and damn funny to boot. He stole the show in the film the Longest Yard and is the best thing on iMPACT week in and week out. I can imagine it now...

Wife: "Are daughter is Pregnant!"

Nash: "SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!"

Edited by The Great Ahmar

I'd Love Kevin Nash to quit Wrestling and become a Sitcom star. The guy is one hell of a actor and damn funny to boot. He stole the show in the film the Longest Yard and is the best thing on iMPACT week in and week out. I can imagine it now...

Wife: "Are daughter is Pregnant!"

Nash: "SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!"

I'm loving "Dr Nash", but then I was a real sucker for the paparazzi idol skits with the creation of Black Machismo. Nash can do no wrong at the minute in these eyes. The guy could be a real star for TNA if they get the two hour timeslot.

Nash is always good value in the skits in TNA but he needs to go back to doing them with Alex Shelley because the quality of skits decreased dramatically without him having Shelley to bounce off. Still ok I guess (although the ones he did with Angle recently were horrible) but not a patch on Shelley bringing in Somalian Joe or Nash drawing up charts to show Shelley how big a draw he was.

Dammit. Silvervision have really blown it with this best of Raw and smackdown DVD series. As if dedicating a whole volume to Cena vs Edge wasnt bad enough, theyve gone and given a whole DVD to "The Return of Batista" What the hell happened to the Classsic Tag Matches and Raws most brutal matches sets that were being proposed??!!

Guest The Great Ahmar
Dammit. Silvervision have really blown it with this best of Raw and smackdown DVD series. As if dedicating a whole volume to Cena vs Edge wasnt bad enough, theyve gone and given a whole DVD to "The Return of Batista" What the hell happened to the Classsic Tag Matches and Raws most brutal matches sets that were being proposed??!!

I think it could have been down to the Benoit not being mentioned or on DVDs anymore. As I'm sure I heard it wasn't set to be a Batista DVD. Mind you it'll sell, Batista is over with Kids and Kids can afford £5.99 or Parents will gladly pay £5.99 for a DVD over £15.99 for their kids.

I'm watching the Comedy Central Roast of Flavor Flav. And Jimmy Kimmel just killed him. After saying that Flavor is responsible for more homeless black children (that he illigitimately fathered) than Hurricane Katrina, he then went on to say that Chris Benoit is a better father than Flavor. I thought it was a little far, but still funny. And that's what these things are about, but it still silenced the whole crowd.

No one will ever beat Jeffrey Ross or Sal The Stockbreaker for roasting. Ross in particular for his "how is it possible that Courtney Love looks worse than Kurt Cobain" line whilst Love is about 3 yards away from him, during the Pamela Anderson roast (Youtube it).

Guest DarkMatchJobber

What's wrong with that? Their feud was the best in WWE during 2006 and it had an unpredictable start at New Year's Revolution and concluded in arguably the finest TLC/Ladder match in a long time.

I'd buy that DVD,heck I'll probably ask for it at christmas or birthday time because despite my feelings towards Cena this feud rocked and made Edge the main event maestro he is now.

Guest Jimmy Redman

You know, this is just from personal experience, but I think the tri-branded PPVs are working. I mean, since they've started from Backlash, we've got both Vengeance and GAB, neither of which would be worth getting otherwise. Who on earth would ever buy the GAB? And Summerslam is a definite buy also, when we havent got Summerslam since 2004.

I've no idea if PPV buyrates are reflecting this or not, but this is just whats happened at my house.

Guest DanielFullard

I think Summerslam 2005 was a much bigger draw for me personally than this year's Summerslam so far and it did a good buy rate if memory serves probably due to having a really solidly booked and appealing main event. Im not 100% sure but I think it did way more than the 2004. 1.3-1.4 ish domestic buys I think and I only remember because there was a lot of talk at the time about how big of a draw Hogan would be.

2004 drew horribly with the Benoit v Orton main event, dont think it even did a 1.

Last year I couldnt remember off the top of my head so I looked it up and it did a 1.35 which is a tad more than the 1.34 in 2005.

So to answer your question, your buying habits dont reflect the general trend over the last few years. Of course that number is only domestic buys but the huge gap between 2004 and 2005 is unlikely to be narrowed if total world wide buys are taken into account. In actual fact it'll probably widen

Guest Jimmy Redman
I think Summerslam 2005 was a much bigger draw for me personally than this year's Summerslam so far and it did a good buy rate if memory serves probably due to having a really solidly booked and appealing main event. Im not 100% sure but I think it did way more than the 2004. 1.3-1.4 ish domestic buys I think and I only remember because there was a lot of talk at the time about how big of a draw Hogan would be.

2004 drew horribly with the Benoit v Orton main event, dont think it even did a 1.

Last year I couldnt remember off the top of my head so I looked it up and it did a 1.35 which is a tad more than the 1.34 in 2005.

So to answer your question, your buying habits dont reflect the general trend over the last few years. Of course that number is only domestic buys but the huge gap between 2004 and 2005 is unlikely to be narrowed if total world wide buys are taken into account. In actual fact it'll probably widen

Actually I lied. 2005 was Hogan/HBK right? I did get that one, now that I think about it.

I was asking more in terms of the buyrates for the PPVs since they've been tri-branded, i.e. since Backlash I think. I dont know if they're out yet or anything.