Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

The Great American Bash Discussion Thread - 22nd July 2007

TPIB

Guest dpddave

Spoiler regarding the IC title.

Umaga was kept off RAW last night for an unknown reason. That seems odd and we've heard Hardy is taking the IC title Sunday. More soon

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dropping of the Edge/Kane match gives sense as to why another match was added in the form of Hardy/Umaga.

No tag title match? Come on.

Guest The Great Ahmar
- Carlito vs. The Sandman in a Singapore Cane Match will take place at the Great American Bash this Sunday.

From the Observer I think. I'm gonna go out on a limn here and say that this was added so Khali/Kane/Tista is short.

Guest dpddave

Or because instead of having 2matchs, Edge vs Kane and Tista vs Khali we only get 1. Lucky us!!!

Honestly though that triple thread shouldn't last more than 3minutes,then it might be watchable. Just let them all come in and do their finishers.

From the Observer I think. I'm gonna go out on a limn here and say that this was added so Khali/Kane/Tista is short.

Well, it's on WWE.com, as well.

Anyways, I'm sure you all have noticed, but the GAB card is very RAW-heavy. RAW has 5 matches (Cena/Lashley, Dusty/Orton, Jeff/Umaga, Candice/Melina, and now Carlito/Sandman), SmackDown! only has 2 matches (Khali/Kane/Batista & MVP/Matt), & ECW only has one match (Morrison/Punk). Granted, ECW only having one match on the card is to be expected, but I expected RAW and SmackDown! to have close to an even number of matches.

Another match?! Alright, at least we get some PPV Sandman goodness.

Guest SuperKick Kid
Carlito vs Sandman, whoopdy bloody doo.

I hope they do a sword fighting spot. That would RULE!! :lol

At least they are giving Sandman a chance to win and not be DQ'd.

Oh and if Kane loses, we Riot http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa118/lil-K1992/favorites38.gif

Edited by SuperKick Kid

I really wasn't looking forward to Edge vs Kane - so the change of card makes it a better PPV for me.

Hardy/MVP, Orton/Rhodes, the other Hardy/Umaga all have me excited. Morrison/Punk and Cena/Lashley might be good. Carlito/Sandman will be fun. The 3 way will be great if Batista wins.

I mark for stiff cane shots. :vio8: :wallbash: I may just enjoy a carlito match, yet! Bless my hardcore "garbage wrestling" fetish.

Guest juanjoboyo

Cruiserweight Open Invitational's just been added.

Gee...you'd never think they don't have a clue what to do with that belt would you?

Guest Craig

Gee...you'd never think they don't have a clue what to do with that belt would you?

FUNAKI ON PPV!! WOOHOO! I'm so buying this for sure now.

ANOTHER match?!! We are getting our moneys worth. Ironically its free.

When was the last time the cruiserweight title changed hands in a one on one match?

I might be wrong, but on PPV? It think, Armageddon 2005.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Spoiler regarding the IC title.

Umaga was kept off RAW last night for an unknown reason. That seems odd and we've heard Hardy is taking the IC title Sunday. More soon

Maybe this has something to do with the Huge Summerslam Spoilers. As in, Umaga, not the Jackass guys, have pulled out.

Decent enough card. I'd love to hear the reasoning behind it already being declared one of the worst PPVs of all time, on paper it looks fine and I'd be surprised if it turned out any worse than that. And hey, tis' free.

The people proclaiming Cena-Lesnar to be a potential Evad Sullivan vs. Nailz disaster of epic proportions are being a tad overdramatic, Cena delivers the goods on PPV and Lashley is perfectly fine in ring, I think it’ll be a nifty little match. Triple threat isn’t going to set the world on fire to say the least but it’ll probably be quite short, involve shortcuts, bells and whistles and be not too offensive. US Title match sold me on watching the PPV right away, the addition of a couple more matches may harm the match time allocated to it but even with that it can’t be anything less than good if it involves Hardy and MV F’n P. Umaga murderising Jeff Hardy was fun the last couple of times and I would expect the same this time round. Punk vs. Doors Guy I’m not particularly interested in but I doubt it’ll stink the place out.

P. S. I love that in 2007 Vince finally got round to hearing about this new, hip, young band The Doors and thought, hey, Nitro kinda looks like that singer guy.

Dusty sold me on a Randy Orton match because Dusty is Dusty and he might be 108 (stone and years old) but it’s still Dusty Rhodes and again there’ll be bells and whistles and a bit of blood thrown in so it should be fun. Womens match and Cruiserweight thing are…there, I guess. At least it’s Jamie Noble boy on PPV. Also nice to see Sandman get a spot on there because he rules the world but alas all work and no Finlay makes a wrestling fan a dull boy. These combined PPVs have really kicked his ass.

Also I can’t be the only one who thinks Khali isn’t simply a 2 day Champ making way for Batista, I’m thinking Khali wins at Bash and holds the belt until at least Summerslam. They’ll drag out Batista getting him one on one for the title. Knowing Vince, the backlash against Khali winning the belt will probably lead to him holding it until Wrestlemania or something.

Edited by Naitch

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

After missing my first PPV in 17 years last month I will be happy to see the Bash, that said the card is nothing special as I read through it will it be a terrible PPV coubt it, will it be a great PPV I doubt it too, but I am not going into it with the mindset it will be this or that and will make my mind up as I see it

MVP vs Matt Hardy is the main show I am looking forwards to and the Dusty vs Orton match the show I am least looking forwards to, the rest I could take or leave on paper (more leave then take admittadly)