Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  19 members  ·  Free

Anime

Anime Discussion Thread

Guest Black Knight

Guest Black Knight

Hi,

I have seen this thread on many forums so why not have it here on Two? This thread is used for all the anime discussions like dragon ball z, naruto, etc.

Dragon Ball Z - Great show that I started watching 4 years ago. The likes of goku, vegeta, and gohan are the heros.

Guest Anime Otaku
I have Naruto on DVD, I watched some and it's not bad but it's not in the same league as Neon Genesis Evangelion, Guyver or G.I.T.S: S.A.C. DBZ is okay but a bit long winded, I think Bleach is much better.

Guest Frank Botch
Just watched Cowboy Bebop:The Movie last night.I put off watching it for a while because I didn't want to run out of cowboy to watch but it was pretty great if you liked the show.Next up Ninja Scroll.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I really want to see the Guyver manga serise, they have it in HMV but never have enough for it :( Love the 2 live action movies of Guyver so really want to see those too

Guest Frank Botch
I'd just like to say that I didn't post that last reply.A couple of my friends came over to watch the utd match and I logged in to say I wasn't going to get into a flame war but went to answer the phone to find this under my name.I just hope they didn't post anything to get me banned.

I have Naruto on DVD, I watched some and it's not bad but it's not in the same league as Neon Genesis Evangelion, Guyver or G.I.T.S: S.A.C. DBZ is okay but a bit long winded, I think Bleach is much better.

The dvd's of Naruto are highly edited, I haven't seen the subbed series but from what my friends tell me, it's in a whole differen't league to the dvds.

I've started to collect Dragonball Z on DVD, as they have released the uncut dvds in america and it's one of my favourite series ever, just behind Dragonball.

Guest Black Knight
Could someone explain naruto to me please. I already know who sasuke and naruto are but why are they enemies?

Could someone explain naruto to me please. I already know who sasuke and naruto are but why are they enemies?

They aren't exactly enemies, they are rivals. I haven't seen the anime, but in the manga they get on each others nerves and try to out-do each other.

Sasuke is from the Uchiha Clan, the clan most reverred in all of the Hidden Leaf. Sasuke is the main "genius" character in the story. Naruto is chalk full of "Genius and Failure" contrasts. Naruto, with no family, almost no skill, and universally disliked, is considered a failure.

In the series, a genius is a prodigy. From a young age, a genius is the class of their generation and that never really changes. They vary in upbringing, but you'll definitely be able to notice simalarities in the way they fight and interract. Sasuke, Kakashi-Sensei (their teacher), and Neji are the geniuses you'll have the most contact with in the series. When they fight, they're very cerebral and swift in their execution.

Naruto and Rock Lee (and Jiraiya) are the failures you'll see most of. They overcome a lack of natural talent through heart, hardwork, determination, and bravery.

Something we come to learn in the series though (and something a lot of fans don't like) is that unlike Rock Lee, Naruto actually has all the natrual talent on stand-by for him to become the most powerful character in the series. He's had a tough time going into his capabilities, but they're there.

As for anime, Death Note and Gundam 00 (first cartoon in HD) are the latest shows I've watched through. Death Note is easily one of the most masterfully written shows I've ever watched, period, while 00 brought me back to old school heroism appreciation in a very new school way.

EDIT: Oh, and anime, if you found DBZ long winded (which it is), you'll soon find the same in Bleach. They have to stretch some things to an amazing amount of episodes, not to mention the tons of filler they've tossed in.

Next up Ninja Scroll.

Ninja Scroll is pretty awesome, though I've only seen the movie, which I've had for a few years now.

Guest Frank Botch
Ninja Scroll is pretty awesome, though I've only seen the movie, which I've had for a few years now.

It was the movie I was talking about (kind of late to the party I know)and it was awesome.I've heard good stuff about the series too.

Guest Fiona
My son was into Bleach, Death Note and Gundam. I myself could never understand it. He has a bunch of the Naruto books didn't understand them either. I though why would they put the end of the story first until he pointed out to me that I was supposed to read them from the back and right to left. Made more sense after that but still very confusing. I myself like the Bone series.

Guest devilsplaygirl
Ive got a few, like Ninja Scroll, Perfect Blue, Akira, Dead Leaves (weird, but good) and G.I.T.S, but my favourite series is between Tokyo Underground and Heat Guy J