Fan Clubs | beta

Can a game really be "scary"

Guest Al Stevens

Guest Fiona

One night Joel was playing Resident Evil (can't remember the number) and all of sudden he jumped I caught him out of the corner of my eye and I jumped too.

It was something to do with monks and dogs in a maze. Scared the hell out of both of us. We should be used to it now but if the house is really quiet the noises still scare me.

Guest MojoPogo
Silent Hill 2 STILL gives me the heebie jeebies, frankly. And the first zombie moment in Resident Evil also scared the cack out of me. Yes, i think they can be, when done correctly. Parts of Manhunt are truly disturbing too.

Guest Ruderz

Im not scared at games, just get shocked sometimes, when I was like 5 or 8, I used to play resident evil 1, and I was running down this corridor, and I passed this cupboard,I passed this cupboard four more times, ( I was lost :P ) then all of the sudden, a zombie breaks down the door and bites the crap outta me! Man I yelled so loud the neighbours came in too se if I was ok! :lol

A more recent time was when I was playing a PS3 game at my mates, I had taken some hits ( Its FPS) and I was hiding in a shelter, well I turned backwards to see if there was any ammo or health, turned around and this big huge fricken FACE is staring at me with its mouth wide open and its gun aimed at me!!

Onviously I died, I was too busy trieng to ge tup from the floor...

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I wouldn't say there is any scary game, like I think Belty said its more they make you jumpy

I always and I mean always jump at parts of Res Evil games but only when I am caught unawares, such as if I am walking down a silent corridore then zombie arms suddenly bust through the wall and grab me then I jump but I have never been actually scared while playing a game

Guest Twig
Sometimes in FPS's when I'm overrun by a sudden onslaught of enemies I'll just unload all my ammo in a panicked freaky way.

Guest the kev
silent hill games always creep me out. some of the imagery in those games are soo disturbing. Resident Evil and super mario bros 2 all sh*t me up

Guest Evil Monkey
silent hill games always creep me out. some of the imagery in those games are soo disturbing. Resident Evil and super mario bros 2 all sh*t me up

Please clarify you meant to say Super Mario Bros 2 - what the hell is scary about that? (Except for it being pretty poor)

Guest Reno
Please clarify you meant to say Super Mario Bros 2 - what the hell is scary about that? (Except for it being pretty poor)

It's scary that it's Doki Doki Panic or whatever, but just with a fat plumber. :lol

Guest Jaycey Baby
I didn't find DOOM 3 scary one bit

You must have nerves of absolute steel. Not even the babies with insect wings? Brr...

Depends how you define 'scary', a good horror game can be, as people have said, 'jumpy' but that's all most Hollywood horror films ever are.