Best Batman film to date......  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Best Batman film to date......

• Batman
    • Batman Returns
    • Batman Forever
    • Batman + Robin (Don't vote for this)
    • Batman Begins

With The Dark Knight now firmly on everyones horizon, i've been watching the other Batman films over the past few days thanks to Film4 and a rather fantastic sale at Zavvi.

To be honest i've decided not to pain myself with Batman and Robin for the sake of my eyes, and i've not bothered with the 60's tv movie as i would need to take some illegal substance to get me through it. But i've enjoyed the others and Batman Forever seems strangely better than i remember it, i think i appreciate the performences put in by Jones and Carrey now i'm older along with Kidman being extremely arousing.

Then of course you have Keaton starring alongside Nicholson, Pfeiffer, Devito and Walken, in Batmans first 2 big screen outings directed by Tim Burton.

But how can anyone fail to be impressed with the star studded joy that was Batman Begins with Christian Bale proving himself to be the best Welsh export since Tom Jones

Guest Rebekah

I voted Batman Returns. i do get the feeling that Dark Knight could be better than most combined.

Also, anyone who voted Batman and Robin needs looking at

Guest Nicole
Batman begins is the best, followed by Batman for the time being. I actually enjoy Batman and Robin and Batman Forever more than Batman returns, because I hate the penguin character in that film.

Michael Keaton was the best Batman so far (Bale, IMO, wasn't as comfortable in Begins as he appears to be in TDK) while Kilmer was the best Bruce Wayne.

As for the best movie of all of those, I'd go for Tim Burton's first outing.

Guest Fiona
I voted for the first Batman movie with Michael Keaton and Kim Basinger. I think it was just called Batman if not then can someone change my vote please.:)

batman begins for me.

I quite liked batman forever, like DC said Kilmer makes a pretty good Bruce Wayne and the two villains (carey and jones) were perfect for their roles.

batman and Robin was awful but now that we know it hasnt ruined the batman franchise forever i can watch it and find it quite funny in places. it was like the 90s version of the 60s tv series, so camp it was unreal but still had a few good moments.

I voted the original Batman, I think Burton got the gothic horror back drop of Gotham (the clue's in the name) City, much better than Batman begins.

Both films focus on separate aspects of Batman's character.

The later films veered too close to the camp TV series for my liking.

Hmmm, best Batman to date.

Well, Bales version is a little too dark, a date with him would end up with some hardcore S&M I think. Clooneys batman was far too gay for anyone straighter than Dale Winton. Val Kilmer is more of an action adventure date, snowboarding weekend in Aspen. But Keaton, ah yes, he wopuld be flowers and chocolates and never taking advantage unless you wanted him to. A true gentleman,

So yes, Keatons Batman would be the best one to date I belive.

Guest Al Stevens

As much as i like Batman and Keatons performance i adored Bale's performance in Begins. For me it just right for darkness and humour was just right in that one.

I actually hated batman returns for me it was equal par for worse film with Batman and Robin.

Guest The Beltster

Batman was the best of them for me...I thought Batman Begins was one of the most boring, long, drawn out piles of shitake mushroom I've ever seen.

Hated it!

The original just beats Begins for me. Jack Nicholson does play himself admittedly, but he's damn good at selling that.

Never rub another man's rhubarb!

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Batman for me too, although Batman Returns pushes it a close second

Keaton is by far the best Batman of all those who have played him, I didn't like Batman Begins too much and find Bale as Batman not to my taste, he just doesn't have the special something that Keaton did in his two outings even though he was overshadowed in both movies by other people's performances (Nicholson in Batman and DeVito in Returns)

Truth be told I have never actually seen the whole of "Batman"..

So, having said that, I'm going with 'Returns, I love the gothicy wackiness of that movie, and Devito plays the Penguin to perfection!

Guest Chriscare

First one is easily the best, has the best batman, the best villain, the best actors, the best plot, just simply the best one.

Begins was ok.

Guest MojoPogo
Sorry, but i still say Michael Keaton. He had the right blend of unbalance/sympathy going on. And he has the best brooding look.

I always thought Keaton was too much of a nerd to be Bruce Wayne, but I guess it depends on what you think Bruce Wayne should be like.