Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Nintendo

Wii Internet

Murph

So I'm trying to get my Wii Internet going. I search for an access point, and find one. But I need my Internet password, and have no idea what it is. Does anybody know how to find it?

Yeah I think I know how to get a new password, but I feel unsafe changing anything major on this computer, the whole house uses it and it's basically "last person on it gets the blame for what went wrong".

I might just end up buying one of those boxes to hook it up to.

if you have wireless internet modem, the key is usually written on the box (it is with BT ones anyway).

If you have a wireless router, then you'll need to find out the password from whoever set it up.

Guest Fiona

Because the Wii has a Wifi card in it. Listen I went through the same crap. Call Nintendo customer service they will walk you through the process. I ended up having to disable the firewall on my modem because it was blocking the signal.

With their help it was done in less than 5 minutes and my son was online playing Super Smash Brawl with people from all over. Oh and when you get set up you will have to update your system it will do it for you automatically.

The thing is: my Internet isn't wireless. But then why is it (the Wii) picking up a connection?

you're probably picking up someone else's wireless network

Guest Fiona
Next door do have it. Is that a problem?

Your Wii will pick up the strongest signal it can find. As long as you have internet running into your house how can anyone prove your not picking up your own signal.

Guest Fiona
What if they don't mind :lol?

They probably won't even realize it. You have internet right so your Wii will pick up the strongest signal if it's theirs nothing you can do about it.

As long as you have theirkey to log on, do what you feel.

It's not like he's robbing them. God knows how many many people are picking up and using my signal since I disabled the security and firewall for our Wii.

As long as my bill remains the same amount I really don't care. Nothing I can do about it. It's a bloody signal that is being transmitted. 20 people could be picking up on it. Tons of people use wireless routers to hook up more than one computer in their homes. That's illegal as you should be paying a connection fee for each and every computer you own. No one I know does that.

They probably won't even realize it. You have internet right so your Wii will pick up the strongest signal if it's theirs nothing you can do about it.

It's not like he's robbing them. God knows how many many people are picking up and using my signal since I disabled the security and firewall for our Wii.

As long as my bill remains the same amount I really don't care. Nothing I can do about it. It's a bloody signal that is being transmitted. 20 people could be picking up on it. Tons of people use wireless routers to hook up more than one computer in their homes. That's illegal as you should be paying a connection fee for each and every computer you own. No one I know does that.

That is wrong.

As long as you have wireless key, pay for connection you can connect as many as you want, but the more you use the slower you speed. So yes, it is against the law to use someone elses without them saying it's ok.

Guest Fiona
That is wrong.

As long as you have wireless key, pay for connection you can connect as many as you want, but the more you use the slower you speed. So yes, it is against the law to use someone elses without them saying it's ok.

My point was. My wireless modem emits a signal I have no idea how many people are picking up on it and there is no way from me to track it. If they are running their computers off it then I am powerless to stop them unless I shut it down. If I do that then I can't use it. It's only a signal and as long as I'm able to use it then I don't really care. I pay for it every month and my bill never changes until the day that it does then I will continue to leave the security off so my son can access the internet through his Wii. If someone else is using my signal then what can I do?

Ring your Internet providor and ask them to give you youe "WEP key" no. I did for my PS3. Its a long no. with letters and numerals. Enter this in and it should work!

• 2 weeks later...