Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Superstars

Guest FreeSpirit

Guest Jimmy Redman
Its not only the under-appreciated men who get to shine on Superstars: the Raw women's main event was pretty damn cool. Just a fun 10 minutes of bigger, better babyfaces against small, bumping heels. I think my favourite bit was Tamina LARIAT-OHing the hell out of the Bellas.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman

Trent vs Tyson on this week's show (yes, it still exists) was pretty great. A great, long, 15-minute workrate match, with some cool moves and great selling. Trent is great.

I should watch this show more often. Everybody should, really, its so underrated. Every once in a while its so nice to just sit down and watch some proper matches. No sh*tty commentary, no distractions from angles, no bad booking, no Cole shouting over the top of the finish, no hokey finishes, no bad workers...just wrestling matches with enough time and clean finishes. Its so refreshing.

Smith vs ZACK RYDER was another fun match. I couldnt believe how much time they got, how much offense Zack got in, or that he actually WON A MATCH. They did some cool matwork early and they went crazy on the nearfalls in the end, really fun stuff.

And then women! Girls match was pretty fun, Nattie bein' Nattie, Melina and Alicia bumping around, Gail flying around. I'm officially excited for Nattie on Smackdown now. Glad I watched this.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Beth vs Melina RULED. Melina breaking a nail and just going MENTAL and beating the sh*t out of her, then Beth's comeback, KICKING HER OWN HEAD WITH HER OWN FOOT DEAR JESUS, and what a cool finish.

By my count these girls have done a heel/heel match, heel Beth vs face Melina, and face Beth vs heel Melina. All have ruled the world.

Beth needs...NEEDS to be the last woman standing against Kharma.

Guest Jimmy Redman

I think I'm going for the record for the most posts in a row in one thread.

MICHAEL HAYES.

He is a GIANT FAT MAN. He's so huge. But whatever, Michael Hayes man. One of the better ideas they've had in a while. I mean, they have some guys who may not be great talkers, who may be boring talking, or may just be bad at reciting lines. But Tyson, God love him, is a guy who really cant talk AT ALL. I hope he at least gets some sort of SD push with him.

And the match was SO GREAT. Another awesome one. Bunch of cool stuff. The early matwork was cool. The flipping German was awesome. And the DDT into the Sharpshooter finish RULED.

Kozlov standing and Zack running and BUMPING was pretty hilarious. I also liked Zack countering the shoulders in the corner with a big KNEE. A Zack wins! I dont care about Curt, but if this goes somewhere, yay.

RING POST FIGURE FOUR!

They werent doing much up until this point, but then Drew busted this out and sh*t was ON. This was some awesome leg work and leg selling. The KO punch was glorious. And then that f*cking DROPKICK and Drew kips up all "Yeah, f*ck you, I'm awesome." And Masters collapsing on the Irish Whip was so cool I marked. The final minutes were just awesome. I love these guys so much, they need to work forever.

I think I'm going for the record for the most posts in a row in one thread.

MICHAEL HAYES.

He is a GIANT FAT MAN. He's so huge. But whatever, Michael Hayes man. One of the better ideas they've had in a while. I mean, they have some guys who may not be great talkers, who may be boring talking, or may just be bad at reciting lines. But Tyson, God love him, is a guy who really cant talk AT ALL. I hope he at least gets some sort of SD push with him.

And the match was SO GREAT. Another awesome one. Bunch of cool stuff. The early matwork was cool. The flipping German was awesome. And the DDT into the Sharpshooter finish RULED.

Kozlov standing and Zack running and BUMPING was pretty hilarious. I also liked Zack countering the shoulders in the corner with a big KNEE. A Zack wins! I dont care about Curt, but if this goes somewhere, yay.

RING POST FIGURE FOUR!

They werent doing much up until this point, but then Drew busted this out and sh*t was ON. This was some awesome leg work and leg selling. The KO punch was glorious. And then that f*cking DROPKICK and Drew kips up all "Yeah, f*ck you, I'm awesome." And Masters collapsing on the Irish Whip was so cool I marked. The final minutes were just awesome. I love these guys so much, they need to work forever.

Hayes is fat, but he's no Paul Bearer. That being said, his promo was pretty damn good and did more for Tyson Kidd than his entire run so far.

Plus, you know, an honest-to-goodness male manager. YAY!

Hawkins & Ryder becoming a team again could be interesting.

Masters v Drew must be the best "no-one knows it's happening" rivalry on the undercard. The dropkick/kip-up Jimmy mentioned was great and the match was given the time to develop.

EDIT - Sorry for breaking your streak, JR.

Guest Jimmy Redman

You biatch.

No seriously, I'm just glad someone other than me has watched Superstars.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Not me so much. He gets quite a few wins on Superstars, and they clearly dont care about Drew at the moment.

He's the Superstars linear champion, actually, courtesy of people who somehow have even more time on their hands than me.

Guest Frank Botch
First time I've seen this thread, I've got like 70 consecutive posts, filled with computer killing gifs, in the MMA pictures thread so I'm all about post streaks. Anyway I missed everything apart from the Masters/Drew but man it was probably one of the best WWE matches I've seen this year. Drew is a monster these days. Masters selling is ridiculously good and his chops always look pretty awesome/painful. Dug all the counters and how the whole thing built to a finish too. I wonder if anyone at Power Slam watch Superstars? Their vendetta against Drew is ridiculous, dude is one of the best guys in the company. Bummed I missed Hayes.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Power Slam magazine have the weirdest grudges. I mean, I understand the Cena one, they're smarks, even though its, you know, not 2005. But they hate, like, Chris Jericho, for what reason I cant fathom. Weird dudes.

Trent Barreta always kills himself out there doesn't here? Whisper in the Wind>nearly lands on his neck, German Suplex>Just bout lands on his face.

Nevertheless, this is one heck of a workrate show

Guest Frank Botch
Power Slam magazine have the weirdest grudges. I mean, I understand the Cena one, they're smarks, even though its, you know, not 2005. But they hate, like, Chris Jericho, for what reason I cant fathom. Weird dudes.

Foley seems to get it a lot as well, I mean he deserves a ton but they also throw in pointless stuff, he's CHEAP readers, they never seem to change their minds on people either. I mean Drew was one of the highlights of the Chamber match but they still managed to call him a ''lanky dweeb'' in the article. And Masters is still a waste of space apparently.

Hayes has without doubt gained weight since i last saw him inducting the von erichs (his dress sense is weird too) but his experience with managing at wwe will come in handy for kidd, who rarely has talked and may even mean a push of some sort.

Yeah, totally agree with this.

Then Fighting Spirit - which admittedly I haven't read in ages cause, well, there's the internet - was just SO anti-WWE it was embarrassing.

Uch, personal tastes and all that but they're totally moronic.

Yeah, totally agree with this.

Then Fighting Spirit - which admittedly I haven't read in ages cause, well, there's the internet - was just SO anti-WWE it was embarrassing.

Uch, personal tastes and all that but they're totally moronic.

Fighting Spirit has calmed down a great deal with their pro-TNA/anti-WWE bias.

Guest Eiyuu

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and agree with everyone over how great Drew v Masters was. It's a damn shame the best WWE has is on the show barely anyone watches.

And was it just me, or did Drew get just as much of a pop as Masters did?

• 2 weeks later...
What's this I'm hearing that Armando Estrada returned to the show as the manager of Tyson Kidd? Is that true and if so, what happened to Michael Hayes?

Guest Jimmy Redman

They seem to be doing an angle where Tyson is auditioning managers and they bring guys back from the past as one shot deals.

It was cool to see him, and it was quite something to see them try and explain Armando Estrada while trying not to say 'manager' and without mentioning Umaga at all. "He was the ECW General Manager, thats why he's a manager..."

Watching last weeks Superstars, Santino vs. Zack Ryder was a fun comedy match. The cobra to the legs and Scott Stanford's brilliant commentary!