Fan Clubs | beta

Finally Batman is done right!!! Can Superman be next?!?

Guest The Franchise

Guest The Franchise

Batman:Arkham Asylum is indeed a great game that I'm proud to own.(Xbox 360 version) Everything about this game truly makes you feel like you've picked up a comic book and watched it come to life. Everything from the graphics to to gameplay is top-notched. The voice-overs are top-notched as well. Overall this game truly rocks and finally IMO breaks the cold spell of missed hits concerning the Batman games of the past.

My question is maybe the same team that did this game can do a Superman game and make us proud. I mean the last Superman game that I enjoyed was on the Atari 2600. And we all know how long ago that was. Hopefully if they are listening they will hear my plea: PLEASE MAKE SUPERMAN WORTHY OF A PURCHASE!!!

I mean Superman games over the years has been everything from sad to flat out pitiful. Hopefully if these guys take a hold of the franchise they can make it into something special again instead being a typical lining of a birdcage.

Batman rocks!!! Anybody played or own the game yet?

Guest MojoPogo

Er, no. I dont think so. The problem with superman is he's nigh on invincible, so unless it was a Treasure style, constant boss battle style game, i dont see how it would be possible to create a rich, involving, and interesting storyline, without toning him done considerably, which past Superman games have done, and been slaughtered for (although, they were generally just shite anyway). Dont get me wrong, if they could perhaps take the Smallville version, i reckon theres plenty of scope there, and lets face it, who wouldnt want a scrap with Doomsday, but could you stretch that out for a 15-20 videogame?

I dont want to be a party pooper, in fact i think we should see if someone could come up with a realistic scenario for a potential Superman game.....

Easy. Darkseid transports the Earth to a new point in space/blots out the sun/transports Superman to a new planet with no yellow sun. That way Superman is depowered and can be at a level more able to be programmed around.

Guest The Franchise

agreed.

Er, no. I dont think so. The problem with superman is he's nigh on invincible, so unless it was a Treasure style, constant boss battle style game, i dont see how it would be possible to create a rich, involving, and interesting storyline, without toning him done considerably, which past Superman games have done, and been slaughtered for (although, they were generally just shite anyway). Dont get me wrong, if they could perhaps take the Smallville version, i reckon theres plenty of scope there, and lets face it, who wouldnt want a scrap with Doomsday, but could you stretch that out for a 15-20 videogame?

I dont want to be a party pooper, in fact i think we should see if someone could come up with a realistic scenario for a potential Superman game.....

I say let the guys that actually does the Superman story comics write the script and the guys that made Batman do the rest. :good222:

Guest Anime Otaku
There's always Kryptonite if you want to justify him being toned down but keep him in metropolis. Make up a new kind and after each boss he gets a bit of an antidote, or it's not lethal, just stops him from using all his powers and it wears off over time, i.e after each boss or big setpiece.

seen as I'm no superman fan then i wouldn't be bothered if we never saw another supes game.

i've had Arkham Asylum for a couple of days now and it is brilliant, but it's also very repetitive. Every battle with the thugs consists of the same moves, all the armoured goons have to be crept up on and taken down, gets a little boring after 3 hours.

Having said that, the parts involving the scarecrow really are very unsettling!

Guest MojoPogo
Dont get me wrong Phil, the goons CAN be taken down with certain moves, however, there is usually other, more fun ways to take them out too. I find it more fun to experiment with various approaches, thus eliminating the repetition.

I still think it's a bit repetitive, it's fun to have massive battles, it's fun to shoot them with the bat claw and do inverted takedowns, or use the suicide collar upgrade to distract them, but I still find it a little samey. The best bits are when you have to follow trails in detective mode, or when you're fighting a boss.

Guest Evil Monkey
You could argue that repetitiveness exists in most games. It is a superb game, and even the dialogue is amazing, especially compared to other super hero games. When (and I say when, because with a game that has sold as well as this, there has to be a sequel) the sequel is released, I hope the same team work on it.

Guest Chriscare

I think a superman game could work, it's just a case of finding a genre that fits. That was the key to arkham asylum, it's not just some stupid platformer and beat em up game like previous batman games, its one the actually makes sense to the batman character.

Obviously superman can pretty much do anything physically, so a superman game should be more about brain power than anything else. Perhaps have it primarily as Clarke Kent, working with Louis Lane on a case using his powers to look for clues and get you both out or trouble, but at the same time not exposing your real identity to louis or its game over.

You could argue that repetitiveness exists in most games. .

agree with that, but with batman it just seems worse. It just feels like you go to one end of the island, then have to go to the other end, then you're back to another far away bit, then another, oh wait, there's some insane inmates to deal with. Then it's into a building, find some guards, kill the guards, rescue the hostages, oh no bane's on the loose. Phew, beaten him, back to the far side of the island, what's this, this vapour trail leads me back to the other end of the island.

You get my point.

Obviously superman can pretty much do anything physically, so a superman game should be more about brain power than anything else. Perhaps have it primarily as Clarke Kent, working with Louis Lane on a case using his powers to look for clues and get you both out or trouble, but at the same time not exposing your real identity to louis or its game over.

on the flip side to that, why would I buy a superman game to play as Clark Kent? I wouldn't buy a Batman game if it was just Bruce Wayne attending meetings all the time.

Guest The Franchise

Variety is the name of the game here.

I think a superman game could work, it's just a case of finding a genre that fits. That was the key to arkham asylum, it's not just some stupid platformer and beat em up game like previous batman games, its one the actually makes sense to the batman character.

I mean of course a Superman would work if done right. I mean from all angles the game can start off slow, allowing you to learn the tricks of the trade controlling the man of steel. Then as the game progresses start making it harder. Of course Lex Luthor would be the main villian to get in the end. In between that you have to deal with Doomsday, Brainiac, and Bizarro.

Having it where you juggle between Clark & Superman throughout the game. Criminals at first will just have regular guns that wont hurt Supes at all. Later on down the line those crooks will be supplied with Kryptonite.

Making Supes life a living hell. Not to mention there should be a time when You can just simply fly around Metropolis freely without HAVING to save somebody ever minute to every second. Hopefully the next Batman game will alow you more free time in Wayne Manor as well as The Batcave. But a good Superman game indeed is needed IMO. :xyx

Guest Ravenmark

Arkham Asylum is an excellent game. I'm a big fan of the Batman comics, so obviously I was going to love this.

I think it would be awesome if they did a 'GTA Style' Batman game in Gotham for the sequel.

Same goes for Superman in Metropolis.

Really looking forward to the MMORPG DC Universe too. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest The Franchise
Arkham Asylum is an excellent game. I'm a big fan of the Batman comics, so obviously I was going to love this.

I think it would be awesome if they did a 'GTA Style' Batman game in Gotham for the sequel.

Same goes for Superman in Metropolis.

Really looking forward to the MMORPG DC Universe too. :)

Oh hell yeah!!! :good222: