Fan Clubs | beta

The Random Things Which Annoy You In Games Thread

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Guest DarkMatchJobber

This is the place to share absolutely anything which annoys you in a computer game.

It doesn't matter what game it is or what it is that annoys you,you can be playing a game and suddenly think that such and such annoys you.

Guest Twig
Getting stuck on the corner of a wall with the edge of your character, and having to run in a little circle to get by. It looks ridiculous, like there's no reason your guy should be stopped, but because a single pixel of your foot hits the wall for a split second in their stride, you have to back up and go around. Sucks when you're fighting or being chased or theres a ticking clock counting down, especially.

Guest The Cork

Campers on MW2

People quitting as soon as you go a goal up on FIFA

10ft user-created heavyweights on Fight Night R4

Everyone being either Spain or Brazil on World Cup 2010

New DLC coming announced for COD MW2 a week after I trade it in

More to add soon....

I hate a game that promotes exploration , then shuts parts of the game of from you.

Both Alan Wake, and FF13 did this to me recently.

Let me explain what I mean.

I walk into a room/corridor/street there are two choices left and right, now at this point I do not know which is the correct way, but I do know that the game I am playing has 'hidden' objects for me to discover. I pick left on a hunch , I do intend to go back and explore to the right. In effect I am looking for the wrong choice as I want the goodies hidden in the chest/barrel/box before I carry on with the story. I continue along the left , it turns out left is the correct way and I run into a small 'storyline' video. The video plays itself out and I am now in a new zone/boss fight and cannot go back to the old area , so I have missed the chance to explore.

aaaaaarrrrghhhhh true hate.

Not only is it bad , but to have an achievement for finding all the Armour/weapons/coffee thermos's (Alan wake) , and some of them are missable, is so frustrating.

Guest Sparrow
I hate a game that promotes exploration , then shuts parts of the game of from you.

Both Alan Wake, and FF13 did this to me recently.

FF13..

I heard that it was just a straight out story and there was not exploration at all. I have not opened mine yet, so would not know personally.

Guest Da Showstoppa
Bugs and glitches. I can't beleive how many games are released these days that have glaring issues. What's the point of Quality Control if they're going to release games with glitches.

Bugs and glitches. I can't beleive how many games are released these days that have glaring issues. What's the point of Quality Control if they're going to release games with glitches.

EA Sports must have someone on the inside the bugs on Fifa 10 were shocking.

I get annoyed at 'exclusive content' on cross playform games. Sure, I'm happy for platform exclusive games, but content is annoying.

Unless its balanced out on the other side. Like when Soul Caliber had Yoda on the 360 and Darth Vader on the PS3.

Stupidly long loading screens. Or loading screens every five seconds. Proper spoilt Half Life 2 for me when I bought the Orange Box.

It ruined Half Life 1 for me when I had it on the PS2. It was a loading screen every 20 seconds :(

I get annoyed at 'exclusive content' on cross playform games. Sure, I'm happy for platform exclusive games, but content is annoying.

Heh, tell that to the 360 owners still waiting for Masked Kane and the patch for SDvR2009

Guest Sparrow
PC gaming as a whole.

Really?

I think Football manager and Point and Click games are only worth playing on the PC.

Games that are literally so easy you finish them in..like a day (a day in which you went shopping and climbed Everest.)

Maybe it's just me but ten years ago, I could have sworn games had more secrets to them.

Guest John Hancock
Games that are literally so easy you finish them in..like a day (a day in which you went shopping and climbed Everest.)

Maybe it's just me but ten years ago, I could have sworn games had more secrets to them.

This.

My get my gaming done by renting a game for a week, and after three or four days of playing, their won't be a single drop of interest left in me. Red Dead Redemption is the only game that's come out in recent memory that's held my attention for over a week.

Guest Ruderz

Stupid AI in games bug the hell out of me.

Some servers on games online where, if you're a newcomer to the online gameplay, you can get shoved in it with the highest of highest veterans of the game. (hint hint, MW2!)

The inability to skip cutscenes is horrible.

People who steal your kills online, it's just annoying.

Repetitivity in games.

Unskippable cutscenes, absolutely no excuses for them.
I agree to a point. In games like Metal Gear Solid, where so much story and exposition is in the cut-scenes, then I can understand not being able to skip them the first time they play (means you keep up with the story), but not being able to skip them the second time around is a pain.

The only issue with the MGS series and their cutscenes was the length of some of them and the fact until MGS4 there was no way of pausing them.

I'd put it out there that I'm one of those who actually loved pretty much every part of the story throughout the entire series and it wasn't a chore for me to watch at all.