Fan Clubs | beta

The Random Things Which Annoy You In Games Thread

Guest DarkMatchJobber

The only issue with the MGS series and their cutscenes was the length of some of them and the fact until MGS4 there was no way of pausing them.

I'd put it out there that I'm one of those who actually loved pretty much every part of the story throughout the entire series and it wasn't a chore for me to watch at all.

I agree, there's a few games with cutscenes I want to watch but can be a little lengthy but you can't pause them so I either have to unplug my controller or just risk missing out on what could be a key plot point.

Guest Ruderz
I did it on co-op, but if I remember you had to wait until the bat thingies were gone from his body (unless shooting them makes them go away? I honestly can't remember) then headshot after headshot with the sniper was the way we did it. Oh, don't bother with the turret.

EDIT: Picked up Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising today, after a quick blast on Hardcore it.. is... awesome.

Games with no checkpoints.

Nuff' said.

Edited by Ruderz

Mine are probably a bit unreasonable.

1. How the game is never like how it is explained on the box.

2. Peter molineux and his misrepresentations of what is really going to happen in the game.

3. Peter Molineux telling us the sequel has learnt lessons from the failures of the last game and then just spouting out the same crap again.

4. Like 3 the Final Fantasy series has gone from being a sandbox story game to it being focussed just on the story, but we keep buying it in hopes that they'll get it again (FF7 and FF9), each new FF game is a sad reminder that we're never going to get that sort of attention to detail again.

5. GAME and their ridiculous pricing structure, where you save £2 off the real game price if you buy it second hand, but the poor kid who bought it originally could only sell it to GAME at a tenth of the price.

6. Games that are just an update of the roster/teams etc that try to justify its existence by adding "new realistic controls" which end up making it nigh on unplayable, Jesus! There is no shame in being an update of the roster/teams/divisions, people can accept it, stop messing with the game!!!

Guest John Hancock
NPC's who just stand there. This is worst normally in rushed out RPG's (I'm looking at you Dragonquest). It's when you walk into towns or whatever, and everyone's just standing there, in perfect silence, not doing anything, waiting for you to come talk to them. No wonder these towns are always in peril, no one's got a f*cking job, they're all just busy standing, normally by themselves, at the side of roads, staring awkwardly at anyone who goes past. It winds me up, because it's just lazy games design. I infinitely prefer the Red Dead Redemption/GTA style of having people walking around, actually living their lives, giving that impression of a real living city, not a world populated by idiots who probably won't bother doing anything about it if you set their shoes on fire.

Ah yes, the realism of the Grand Theft Auto games. True that.

I can't tell you how many times I've taken down an old lady with a machine gun, then stood in front of a police car, dragged the bastard out, shot him in the head, jumped in the car and headed off for some fun chasing action. When the coast is clear then I return to playing bowling or just getting head from the local hooker.

God bless Rockstar and there Grand Theft Auto franchise! ;)

Ah yes, the realism of the Grand Theft Auto games. True that.

I can't tell you how many times I've taken down an old lady with a machine gun, then stood in front of a police car, dragged the bastard out, shot him in the head, jumped in the car and headed off for some fun chasing action. When the coast is clear then I return to playing bowling or just getting head from the local hooker.

God bless Rockstar and there Grand Theft Auto franchise! ;)

Yeah, but that's you as a playable character, not the non-playable characters that J-Rock was talking about. ;)

Guest Dave7g
IF you just follow a random NPC in GTA or Red Dead, they just walk around and do things, they go places and have lives. It's quite amazing if you think about it for long enough.

Guest John Hancock
The Red Dead ones especially. They even have specific jobs, and they do them through the day, then they go to drink and play some cards in the evening, and then go home and sleep all night. Red Dead is one of the few games where I actually really enjoy just walking around the towns, seeing what's going in. It's like walking around one of those living museums.

Guest Dave7g
They also used a random npc generating thingamajig so that no two random townsfolk would look the same. Although I'm quite sure I've met the same dude in the top hat a few times. Red Dead also has some sort of magical power that makes me want to be nice at all times in the game, except to bears, who are just ****ers.

Guest John Hancock

I'm nice to everyone apart from those who try and steal my horse. I love my horse.

The last person who tried got hog tied and left on the railway tracks, which, brilliantly, gave me an achievement simply called, "How dastardly". But, yeah, people who try and steal my horse get f*cked up. Another one got hog tied and throw off a cliff, one got hog tied and fed to bobcats, and one got dropped of the top of a water fall.

Can't stand any f*cker who tries to steal my horse.

Guest John Hancock
I always give them the benefit of the doubt. Some of them just want a ride to the nearest town, but some of them... some of those f*ckers... want... to steal... my... horse -__-

I'm nice to everyone apart from those who try and steal my horse. I love my horse.

The last person who tried got hog tied and left on the railway tracks, which, brilliantly, gave me an achievement simply called, "How dastardly". But, yeah, people who try and steal my horse get f*cked up. Another one got hog tied and throw off a cliff, one got hog tied and fed to bobcats, and one got dropped of the top of a water fall.

So what happened to the ones you hogtied and took down to your basement with the gimp? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DarkMatchJobber
I still play FIFA 2007 because I enjoy it immensely,but one of the most annoying things is when a player of mine gets pushed or brought down in the opposition's penalty area and the game just carries on...I find myself shouting PENALTY! at the screen.

I 100% agree. Unless it's a horse I stole myself, then I couldn't give a rats ass because another horse is only a whistle away.

Just had a random encounter with a crying woman begging for help, only to be jumped by a gang. Naturally, I paid them only for them to start riding away, giving me just enough time to engage my revolver and put slugs in their heads.

The woman though, cried and begged for forgiveness, wanting to become a famous person... I thought, ain't no Hollywood here b*tch and shot her in the head too.

Good times.

Guest Ruderz

And Gears of War 2 is finished on Insane difficulty.

EDIT: Damn, seems I posted this in the wrong thread, meant to post in Random Comments.

Edited by Ruderz

Guest Scotty2Hotty
They also used a random npc generating thingamajig so that no two random townsfolk would look the same. Although I'm quite sure I've met the same dude in the top hat a few times. Red Dead also has some sort of magical power that makes me want to be nice at all times in the game, except to bears, who are just ****ers.

Agreed on the bear front! I lost my horse to a dam wolf, saw the bear coming, started running while looking backwards, got enough room to turn and take my aim... then i get gored in the back by a bloody boar! Wasn't best impressed :info7: