Fan Clubs | beta

E3 2010 Thread

Guest Dave7g

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anti microsoft? The article was hardly anti Microsoft, just anti kinect and move.

Nice little vid here

<object id='vid_3235248' width='480' height='270' data='http://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'><param name='movie' value='http://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' /><param name='allowfullscreen' value='true' /><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always' /><param name='bgcolor' value='#000000' /><param name='flashvars' value='vgroup=e310_starkin_trl_061410&object=77446'/></object><div style='width:480;'><a href='http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/077/077446.html'>More Kinect: Star Wars News & Previews</a></div>

Some of it doesnt look quite right, like it wasnt fully in sync. Could be my connection though.

Edited by Paul

Just watched the conference, 'cause I was out last night.

Looking forward to Gears of War 3, thought it looked really good, as did Metal Gear Solid: Rising and Fable III. Couldn't care less about CoD: Black Ops or Halo: Reach, though.

Slightly impressed with Kinetic, but not 100%. I highly doubt it'll be a game-changer, though it does look rather fun.

Also, I really like the look of the new 360. As soon as my current 360 breaks down, I'll be snapping up one of those for sure.

Can't wait for the Nintendo conference.

Guest Dave7g

Miyamoto is playing the new Zelda now, unfortunatley it's not impressive at all. Shake your Wiimote at the screen and hope for the best. The controls don't seem to work.

Mario Sports Mix, Mario playing Hockey and Basketball. Wow.

Wii party looks like Mario Party only unbelievabley shittier.

Just Dance 2 announced, you know that dance game that doesn't work?

Golden Sun DS looks alright.

Goldeneye exclusive for Wii, damnit.

Kirby's Epic Yarn has a nice art style and looks like it's made of cloth. Would be great if I was 7.

Finally saw Epic Mickey, looks really good.

3DS with Kid Icarus Uprising, looks really good. Hope the 3D effect works.

http://ie.e3.ign.com/2010/live/

Edited by Dave7g

Here's the problem with Kinetic.

The Wii looks in a wide arc to the left and right of its sensor but doesn't require any depth data. Kinetic needs about 15 feet of front-to-back to properly operate. It also can't cope with any objects being in that area, so no coffee tables, chairs, sofas speakers, etc.

We've been doing tests and the area required for it to operate properly therefore is huge. In America everyone has huge living rooms where 20/30 square feet of clear space in front of the tv is fine. But there average British house just doesn't have that. I know I don't!

I just see this as being something that people might shell out for but never use for practical reasons.

Thats just the thoughts of a guy over on the UKFF, but its a good, but worrying if its true, point.

Guest Dave7g
You don't think they would have researched this? The press conference showed a girl sitting on a bed in her room using it, they wouldn't let that slip by the research team. If it doesn't work when it comes out we'll know all about it, and we won't buy it. I'm sure it'll be fine, it just has to scan you in, so you obviously can't do that if you have a table or a sofa in front of you.

Yeah it could be total bollocks for sure, I just seem to remember that the guy who wrote that post had something to do with the gaming industry. What I cant remember. :lol

Just worth taking into account as a possibility until we've (well, you 360 owners) seen someone else use it on the 'real' games.

Guest John Hancock
What does it look like? I can't see it.

It's a crudely drawn GIANT cardboard John Cena, with a sort of mechanical arm that's doing the "You can't see me" gesture, really slowly, like a sort of upside down metronome.

Guest Dr. ZERO

Wrrraaahhh, lost in delivery!

John Cena. You Can't see me. I can't see it.

Phooey!

But yeah, the booth is horrible. Hilarious, but horrible.

Oh yeah, E3. Urm. Microsoft were silly, yelling about features the Wii was yelling about years ago. Didn't pay attention to Sony. Nintendo predictably kicking originality in the nads and releasing a sequel to every game franchise they made 50 years ago. The 3DS looks like fun.

A lot of 2D games appeared and this made me very happy.

Edited by Dr. ZERO