Fan Clubs | beta

New Doctor Who Series and Rumours

Paul

Not sure what to think about the first two episodes to be sure. Seemed a little heavy for a season opener.

What I really dislike, and I hope they stop, is the whole 'Amy's talking about someone but we don't know if it's Rory or the Dr, cue Rory getting all whiney and 'OMG DOeZ ShE EvEN LuV M3'' shtick, it's getting really boring.

having said that I do like Matt Smith even more as the episodes progress.

I'm also getting bored with River Song. The whole 'who is she really and what's her relationship to the Dr?' was really cool, but it's beginning to drag on a little bit now.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Saz
Not sure what to think about the first two episodes to be sure. Seemed a little heavy for a season opener.

What I really dislike, and I hope they stop, is the whole 'Amy's talking about someone but we don't know if it's Rory or the Dr, cue Rory getting all whiney and 'OMG DOeZ ShE EvEN LuV M3'' shtick, it's getting really boring.

having said that I do like Matt Smith even more as the episodes progress.

I'm also getting bored with River Song. The whole 'who is she really and what's her relationship to the Dr?' was really cool, but it's beginning to drag on a little bit now.

Wow... you're really having a bad day :)

Me? I enjoyed it, yeah the whole Rory/Amy doubt thing needs to be wrapped up, but I think I enjoyed the episodes, lots and lots of unanswered questions though!

Guest Jamster26

Rory and Amy need to just go. I don't like them two, I'd rather have the doctor and River travelling. :)

This whole love triangle is getting abit tiresome.

This is going to sound really harsh but they should have just let Rory die instead of the whole Cyberman sentry Roman dealio.

Amy was much better when she was just care free running around with the Doctor with the attraction going on behind the scenes and popping out for the odd comic affect.

For those that say get rid of Amy... I shake my first at you! We need more funny, scottish red headed women on the telly!

Its hard to kill off characters in a show like Doctor Who because at the end of the day its basically still a light hearted kids show. For that reason alone i was never sold on Rory dying in the last series.

Rose was meant to die, but we found out that she was just going to be trapped in the parallel dimension.

Donna was meant to die, but we found out that but dying that meant she had her memory wiped.

Captain Jack was exterminated by the Daleks, but Rose brought him back to life.

River Song did in fact die, but even then The Doctor injects Rivers Data Core into CAL so she can basically live on.

Peripheral characters are fine to kill off, but the days of Adric are well behind us now.

Meh, should have been written out though as he really adds nothing to the show apart from someone to put in peril and a reminder that Amy and the Doctor won't go down the same route as Rose did with him.

Actually come to mention it, I have found that as the series goes on and on that it is becoming more and more light hearted and aimed at children, mostly in part due to it's popularity since the comeback growing year on year no doubt.

• 2 weeks later...
You could so tell it was the Gaiman episode. It was almost 'Neverwhere ft The Doctor'. And thats not a bad thing. Also it confirmed a couple of things, firstly that the TARDIS is alive and also that Time Lords can change sex during a regeneration.

Guest Inno
Holy CRAP! That was amazing... sitting with Shawn, explaining some of the Doctor Who Lore from the past, filling in the gaps... really just fantastic. Loved it. Best episode since Ecclestone's return.

Guest Jamster26

Its really hard to dislike Amy Pond though isn't it

http://gallifreybase.com/forum/image.php?u=44743&dateline=1304268755

Annoys me quite abit. Perhaps that's because of the high standard set by previous Doctor female companions?

Guest Jamster26
How brilliant was that episode?!

I enjoyed this one very much.

Bloody freaky when Amy stuck her hands in them Ood tentacles...gave me the shivers :doh32:

Was than Tennant I saw, on the "Next time" bit in the blue suit? :eek

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sparrow
Has it been mentioned before that what with the Doctor and Ganger Doctor swapping places, doesn't that mean that Amy told the Doctor about his own death? I am :?