Fan Clubs | beta

Batman: Arkham City

DC

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, it seems a bit more fiddly than the last game, ill often myself somewhere i didn't want to be after zip lining when i didn't mean to. The new gliding system took a bit of getting used to but is well worth it when you crack it. The storyline was a little underwhealming in my opinion. Would of been better if you had not seen who was helping Strange before hand, and then to not really go any futher with it.

The boss fight with Freeze reminded me of the one that you have with Raven in Metal Gear Solid.

But yeah generally a improvement on the orginal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Evil Monkey
Really? Granted the story mode is short, but I think the amount of time collecting Riddlers trophies and doing all the side missions more than make up for it. Perhaps, I am not quite as good at the game as you though! At last check I had managed to do about 61% of it. Still much more to go for me!

• 1 month later...
Guest John Hancock

Got it for Christmas and completed the main story last night. I thought it was pretty damned great over all. My only slight announces was that I spent way too much time have no idea what I was supposed to be doing, stuck inside rooms, randomly turning detective mode on and off.

I think my opinion of the game might get worse as time goes on because, right now, I'm still way too excited about the ending, which I genuinely thought was one of the best final FMVs of any video game I've played since the N64. I won't even pretend that I didn't feel a little emotional. Bye Mark :(

Guest Ciaran The King
Also got it for Christmas, not yet completed it but seems like a really cracking game. There also some points where you get stupidly stuck.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody else think this was really boring? I'm only playing it because I want to find out what happens, I think I'm yet to see anything that's made me really go "wow".

The whole landscape of Arkham city is really well done but the story amounts to - go and fight some thugs, get some information, go over here and fight some thugs, get some information, go over here and fight some thugs, boss fight, little bit of detective work, go over here and fight some thugs!

finished it about an hour ago and I thought it was really poor. I loved Arkham Asylum but this one just left me flat. Maybe it's because I'm not as big a Batman fan as some but I didn't come away feeling like it was a really gripping story. In fact I spent a large portion of the game wondering why I was even in the friggin' place!